N

nwhitney118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,

I've started the 30 day course and intend playing as many freerolls as possible to try and get my poker journey going. The challenge of going from the smallest stakes really appeals to me so I'm thinking of depositing $25 as a 100 buy-ins at 0.25c. My question is this: would it better to play Sit n Go or Spin n Go format to start?

Personally inclined to Sit n Go as I can learn a lot more to apply going forward and can also take learning from the course into that format rather than the Spin n Go but if anyone disagrees let me know.

Cheers, Ned.

PS: cash games are nope, bore me.to death :sleep:

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pick the format you enjoy the most! Both SNG and spins will be soft at $0.25. If you enjoy short-handed short-stacked games, then play spins. If you like full ring play and having some of the action take place with deeper stacks, then normal SNGs.

I personally prefer SNG but many like spin better :)

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I advise you to play CIS. Firstly, this is real poker, not a lottery like in spins, and although there are more weak players in the spins, there is a wild variance that cannot be beaten if you do not play in the cartel!

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Choosing a style of game is something personal, we can help you with advice about the game play and some tips, but you will need to analyse by your self what are the best style in accord with your qualities and free time.

If you are think on play 0,25 SNG on PS you will notice that are a slow game, if you are starting playing just one table and there are no much free time, you will start playing less SNG per day, but the spin are so fast, in 1 hour you can play more of spin than you will play an entire day, maybe week, playing SNG slow.

Another think to be in mind are about the variation, a great player of SNG will have a graph with less variations, and the for who are think about playing MTT, playing SNG you will be prepared, the game style are similar. The spin will help you to increase your final table game.

So try to list your qualities, try to ask any other player to help you, and read a little of each game strategy, later you can play some times each game, like 10 times of each game and later you will have material to analyze which type of game you will play better.

I don't choose an style, I play both games, but I'm not a good player, I just play for fun.