Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello all!

How often do you show your hands? If I get pushed off a strong holding when I have a good idea that I'm beat, I will rarely show this hand to the table. My thought is I am trying to communicate that I play strong hands and bluffing me will not always work. Obviously, I do bluff on occasion to mix things up.

Similarly, I will rarely show a bluff to show them I am capable of doing so.

Finally, if I make rare hands like quads, straight flushes, or royal flushes (I've only had two of these in my entire career lol), I show them because....well, they're really rare!

What are your thoughts? Should I hide all my hands or play mind games with the table?

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my hand ,the table image you want to get is possible to get without showing your hand

H

hartmann2508

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also never show my hand, the priority is to make it difficult for opponents to read me, the table gives this option and should be used well ..

Timmah120

Timmah120

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks guys/gals!

I actually just realized I made a similar post back in 2018 lol. Oh well!

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend not to show a hand if there is no need to. Whether I'm bluffing or not, you got to pay to see my cards.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when bluffing, I sometimes show my hand in order to get paid in the future with strong combinations.

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't show my hand at all, I disabled this option in the client.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely show my hands, so I wonder if I was bluffing or not. If you show your hands a lot, your game will be recognisable and your opponents will know when you're bluffing.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I do not see the point in showing the hands I am playing with. I just assess the risks and make decisions. I do not like to take part in the show.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never ever, may say in chat though what I had if opponent politely asks

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like showing my hands because it gives too much information about my playing style to my opponents. I agree to do this in only two situations. when it allows me to have a better image at the table and out of respect for a player that I like to show him that I didn't bluff when I bet him.

Y

yuurepoer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i show my hand sometimes to change my table image.. ;)

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never ever show my hands.

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never show my hands i already made some blef that could be the end lol

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes will show my hands if I look very tight and they often are not very strong hand. But if I have a nut or a bluff, I won't show them.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I sometimes show my hand. I think that sometimes it is useful to show the strength or weakness of your hands. Especially when there are difficult hands in the game and you have to drop a very good hand. Or when the opponent puts pressure on you and you have garbage cards, so that he does not think that you are too tight a player. But I'm not entirely sure that this is correct.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online I really dont think, that this "show your cards" is a thing, and I never do it. In live poker I can see it being part of creating a live table dynamic with the classic example being to show a bluff to tilt someone.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't even know how to show my hand -.-

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll show loose bad cards/bluff only if I want my opponent to view me a certain way and/or before changing gears to tight

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never show my hands. To show or not, it is everyone's personal choice, but it is obvious that it does not affect the skills or experience of the player and accordingly does not affect his results.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, the problem I have with showing is that it’s difficult to know exactly how others will interpret the free information you present to them, so it has potential to backfire. For example, a maniac that shows AA after 3-betting I’d interpret to mean that he’s usually 3-betting light, and will likely be even more light for a bit given that he believes he’s “proven” he’s getting hands.

The only time I believe 3-betting is profitable for me is a rare situation live, where people tend to stereotype me and showing will occasionally serve to reinforce their (incorrect) opinion of me. In my experience this is only effective when they already believe something of me (like I’m probably too tight given stereotypes around my demographic) and I show a hand that reinforces that.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello all!

How often do you show your hands? If I get pushed off a strong holding when I have a good idea that I'm beat, I will rarely show this hand to the table. My thought is I am trying to communicate that I play strong hands and bluffing me will not always work. Obviously, I do bluff on occasion to mix things up.

Similarly, I will rarely show a bluff to show them I am capable of doing so.

Finally, if I make rare hands like quads, straight flushes, or royal flushes (I've only had two of these in my entire career lol), I show them because....well, they're really rare!

What are your thoughts? Should I hide all my hands or play mind games with the table?
Never! Never show your hand! It s a competition and you want to win, so when you show your hand, you are giving money to your opponents.

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live it can occasionally be justified for the sake of keeping the table entertained (and thus the fish in the game). However online I'd never do it. You're just giving information away for free, which will only benefit others if they're somewhat capable.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to show 1 card sometimes,,, :ciao:

W

wilberth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not show my hand because it would give information to the other players at the table about my play with certain hands.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands