Should You Show Your Bluffs

U

udamanbro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When is the best spot to re-raise a potential bluffer who is in 90% of the hands played and stealing pots? This is on any table be it tournament or ring tables.:confused:

Should you show your bluffs or is there certain spots in a tourney to do this? Ring games?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Baba Orielly

Baba Orielly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will show my cards often, in order to make my opponents think I'm playing a certain way. After all, it's not what cards you do have, but more importantly, what cards they think you have!:eek:

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I believe you should always keep them guessing.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only show my cards when I playing home games with friends, just for fun. But in online games, I see no reason to attract the rage of any player. Honestly, I prefer do not appear too much for others players until the right moment.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely show but when I do its always a winner usually because i been bluffing a lot. I don't want people knowing when i bluff plus i think its rude and a cheap strategy trick that doesn't work on good players anyway. Plus I know that feeling and I don't want to needlessly make other players feel bad do that enough by taking their chips.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never show your cards, never show up other players..

You never show your cards. Look at it psychotically, many players will take extra chances to attack a player they see as a "bully", showing them up with their bets, or bullying with bluffs, and shoving it in your face, by showing the bluff.
The less you antagonize opponents, the less reason they have to take extra chances, just to take you out.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards and do not pay attention to those cards that show, I pay more attention to opening cards on a large bank in order to understand the degree of risk of a player.

B

BrewCrewWI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very rarely will I show a bluff. I've got to be at the same table for quite awhile with the same aggro player/s. I'm a tight player and knowingly am going to be viewed as one. So If I can get in a hand with an aggro who's been bossing around the table(namely me), I can tell a story in a hand that I was strong but really just holding low connected cards. Flop comes away with Aces or King Queen, and I get to be the first to bet, I will throw a pot plus 1 bet and when the player folds, I'll show off my bluff. Just to show I can to the table I don't wait for Aces only to play a hand. Obviously doesn't always work as I've bet in to their big, big hands at times, but the 3bet I can fold away. If that Aggro player had the big hand, seen me bet it out trying to bluff, and they 3bet back with it, they should at least have a different idea of the player I am. Ideally, what happens is I don't get a blind or two attempted steal late game.

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally don't show my cards unless it's mandatory as I don't want to give any information to my opponents. However, if I decided to show my hand sometimes, I would choose the games I bluff because my opponents would make a false impression on me as I am a conservative player.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I don't show anything to anyone... I am not such kind of person...
33tPD.jpg

:D:D:D

Now, seriously I think it's rather a bad habit of the inexperienced players, as any information can be used against you. Each time you show your hand you give away that information. So why helping your villains to beat you?

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you should show your opponents how you play. The less information for them, the higher your chances of winning

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show a bluff. But I also don't bluff very much.

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should you show your bluffs or is there certain spots in a tourney to do this? Ring games?:confused:

I am still a beginner. So, you can take my words or not, you decide.

I think show your bluff will work on a very tight opponent. Show them once or twice, so the table will think that you have wide range. After you convey that you're wider, I think they will also widened their range and if that happen, you start to play tight.

On a loose opponent, I think it will have a backlash. They will started to be more aggressive when they heads up against you and if you're not ready, you will fold often. However, if you have a nuts (monster hand), you can have a good return. So, I think it's good to show when you bluff once in a while, to make villains think, especially if you're a tight player by default.

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show it. The more information you give your opponent the more vulnerable you become. That's why I never show it.

paisley

paisley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should only show your bluff if you have a strategy that involves making sure the next hand you play you have the nuts. This can also work vice versa. That is showing a great hand and then proceeding to bully the table right after.

2blive

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
show when it helps my image

Rarely do I show a bluff. If the opponent is a supper nit and I want to loosen them up, maybe. I will also show my hand once in a while if I am running crazy and I think they think I'm bluffing or playing any two. Nothing worse than AA getting cracked a random two pair like 7-2 off.

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe there are a few exceptions, but generally it seems the answer is to never show your cards. I do not ever show mine, but I'm a beginner so..........:D

O

oormaner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You only show your bluffs ,if you think it will help you in the future,when you have a hand.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't Show

I prefer never to show my cards unless others call my final bet and all hands are shown. As they say "pay to see them" so with that thought in mind not showing keeps them guessing on what you really had as a hand.

I have seen "bingo players" show hand after hand of their "rags" only to lure you in when they finally have a solid good starting hand or hit on the flop.

Just my thought--

Cheers :beerglass

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.No ,you should never show your bluffs..Why would you give free information to your opponents?It has no sense.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I very rarely show my cards. I typically try to make my opponents guess what I’m holding if they want see my cards they have to pay.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you shouldn't just like always show your cards when bluffing or never show. You must change strategies so it will be more dificult for your oponents to figure out what you have