seeyouthru

seeyouthru

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have open ended(double gutshot)
Straight draw you bet half pot from early position and player moves all in from late position.
Knowing that the player jas flopped two pair from past experiences,
Should you call or fold?

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would really need to know more to answer that. What is in the pot and what does it cost me to call? Tournament or Cash? If tourney, what stage are we talking? What are the blinds / antes / chip stacks. Assuming I have 2 cards to come, I am about a 2 to 1 dog if I have over cards but 4 to 1 if I have under cards the 2 pair. Its a lot to consider.

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold ofc. If he bet's all in with 2 pairs on flop in last hands.

bighert2

bighert2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the information you have provided I feel it's an easy fold

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would fold. I prefer not to chase, and I bet big with strong hands. An open ended straight , to me, is still chasing.

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I presume you’re not pot committed here but it depends on how much the all-in is.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this case you should fold easily unless you are a fortune teller and see the future cards.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have open ended(double gutshot)
Straight draw you bet half pot from early position and player moves all in from late position.
Knowing that the player jas flopped two pair from past experiences,
Should you call or fold?

As much as this scenario is dangerous to call.

I would still make the call because you have outs even though you are beat at the flop and you never know when you will have an opportunity to double your chip stack.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To get an accurate decision and answer you need to explain position, betting on each round, what cards are on the flop, do I have a range assigned. Is he a LAG, TAG, well rounded, Passive? How much in chips do I have, what pot odds am I getting. Is this live or online. Is it cash,SnG or a MTT?

With what you gave me in this question. If I'm in the hand and getting slightly not good enough odds being 2-5% I'm folding. Unless this may be my only shot at getting him out of a MTT and even if I lose I'd still be the chip leader at my table.

invisible10

invisible10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i recommend you to input more info of the hand next time you want this kind of advise , the call or fold depends not only on villain hand but also how much you have invested on the pot plus stack size etc cash or tourney .......

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Provide more info so people can study the hand. They way you said I guess is FOLD

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that was a folded never go all in with a draw

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6.5% to catch one of 8 outs to get your straight. if I'm not mistaken .
I wouldn't risk it. so that should be an easy fold

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I normally don't like chasing str8s I never seem to get them much. but if I have a set and some one pushs me all in I call and I never seem to pair but they catch there str8s happens so much against myself. I don't never get mad at losing has even if I think I should have won. it is gambling even if I feel it was a bad call still ok with it.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that was a folded never go all in with a draw

I think that is right. You hope you have 8 outs, most of the time you don't. I guess if it was a cash game,you bought in short, then committed most of your chips it could be considered. That is really the only situation off the top of my head.

In a tournament I couldn't fold fast enough.

Limited_Al

Limited_Al

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on pot size. For a double ended straight draw, we have 8 outs, which gives us around 35%? If we are needing to add more than 35% of the pot to win it, then it’s negative equity and I wouldn’t call.

Depending on what range I had my opponent on, I would possibly prefer to check call than open after the flop. Possibly getting us a free card if they check behind.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the bet. Cash vs tournament. Stack size. I'm folding most draws

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe

I don't like to chase. But, I do use the math to figure if I should call or not. If the math is right then I would make the call and hope I hit and he doesn't fill up.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
call one street

What? I mean that isn't even an option to OP's question in this thread. Might as well suggest to him "Grab a bag of popcorn and read the newspaper then fire up another game."

OP, you haven't provided enough information to give an educated answer for your question.
I'd suggest looking up on Cardschat how to post a hand history question.
briefly you want to tell us this info.:
Tourney or cash game? If tourney, what stage of game, what structure is it, & what is the buyin?

If tourney:
Stack sizes of ALL players on the table (not just your's & villain's)
How many bb's do we have (& does villain have)
History vs. villain
Reads on villain (ie. VPIP, etc.... or even just playing style, experience level, unusual stuff in their play, what we think they're capable of)
Our image (what villain thinks of us)

Then post the action of the hand and when you want to pose a question, do not provide details about the hand after it's your turn to act (so at to not prejudice the responses).

There's a start for you.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What? I mean that isn't even an option to OP's question in this thread. Might as well suggest to him "Grab a bag of popcorn and read the newspaper then fire up another game."

OP, you haven't provided enough information to give an educated answer for your question.
I'd suggest looking up on Cardschat how to post a hand history question.
briefly you want to tell us this info.:
Tourney or cash game? If tourney, what stage of game, what structure is it, & what is the buyin?

If tourney:
Stack sizes of ALL players on the table (not just your's & villain's)
How many bb's do we have (& does villain have)
History vs. villain
Reads on villain (ie. VPIP, etc.... or even just playing style, experience level, unusual stuff in their play, what we think they're capable of)
Our image (what villain thinks of us)

Then post the action of the hand and when you want to pose a question, do not provide details about the hand after it's your turn to act (so at to not prejudice the responses).

There's a start for you.

+1 Was going to ask the same as not enough information was given.