second nuts

arashsgr

arashsgr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what will you do if your opponent goes all-in on the river and you have second nuts?
second nuts flush, straight, or full house.
i myself with regards to four-factor call/fold in this situation
first the type of player during the game, second, the amount of chips in comparison to mine, third the place I am playing you know if this the final table of the super high roller I will think twice better than in a friendly home game poker the fourth I make the decision with my guts, not my heart

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will take risks and go for all the chips[emoji854]

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on a few things to me, some of which you mentioned. If the villain is a passive player and then bets all in then you have to at least think about the possibility of being beat. That villain could be doing that with 3rd or 4th nuts too. Also, you have to keep in mind what the nuts are and how likely it would be that villain would play the hand if they had them. Sometimes you will be able to piece together the story and see that its very unlikely that villain would have played the hand that turned out to be the nuts in the way they played it so its unlikely they have it.

The answer to this question is going to change a lot depending on what the nuts vs 2nd nuts is. If it is King high flush compared to ace high flush or a double paired board where nuts is boat and 2nd nuts is the lesser boat then 2nd nuts isnt as strong as one might think. If we are talking a place where we have a boat but nuts is quads then obviously we can value our 2nd nuts way more than in the two previous examples. Always think of the type of player villain is post flop and also gauge how likely it is that villain could have the nuts and that should help in your decision. Obviously the odds were getting on the call are important too but didnt mention that to the end since that should be important in every betting decision we make.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will answer, taking into account the opponent's style of play.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on my opponent and when i made my hand.
If I made my hand on the river i would be much more
likely to take the risk and call.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If villain is a NIT and would only do that move with the nuts, then clear fold to me. If it is someone that plays a lot of pots and I identify as a LAG or Fish, then that is a call for me. They would normally do this move with almost any made flush.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If it takes an opponent two cards to beat my second best nut I will go all in.

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on your opponent and the game.
If it's cash table, having second nuts and facing an all-in, I think most of the it would be a +EV play, and thus you would make profit in the long run with the call.
However if you're on the bubble, decision making takes a big turn as if you're wrong, you don't cash and that definitely makes a difference. Maybe I would avoid getting in those situations in the first place.
But in summary, as all things in poker, it depends on several factors.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer not to rely on intuition. there are tactics and mathematics.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what will you do if your opponent goes all-in on the river and you have second nuts?
second nuts flush, straight, or full house.
i myself with regards to four-factor call/fold in this situation
first the type of player during the game, second, the amount of chips in comparison to mine, third the place I am playing you know if this the final table of the super high roller I will think twice better than in a friendly home game poker the fourth I make the decision with my guts, not my heart

I'll Put Allin On It. What else is there to do? Well, maybe I'll lower the bet to get more chips, since he'll probably throw Allin out.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the long run It depends on the situation of the place.

To judge by the player type of the enemy by the case may not be good.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends a lot what the second nuts is and what are the cards shown. Having the second nuts in a board 445567 (quads of 4) is basically having the best hand 99,9% of the time, ao you can see it as the nuts basically. Having the sexond nuts on a board 10JQK2(rainbow) on the other hand is not so strong, so it's easier to make a fold if you think your opponent has an ace. Even in cases like that no one likes to fold a good hand, analise how your opponent is playing, check if the hand that makes the nuts is in his range and then decide for the call or fold.