Ryan Fee's 6 Max Guide

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone read this? Just how badly outdated is it? Are any bits in there still relevant today or would it be a bad idea to read it and apply the strategy?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It's very basic and as you write old.

If you can't afford to buy a more comprehensive, newer book you can find all material you need on the net for free.

If you don't want to do something illegal or immoral you can find totally free information on Poker Forums, YouTube and Google.

I always recommend Peter Clarke and Doug Polk for Cash Games and Jonathan Little for Tournaments.

Their totally free and legal Channels on YouTube covers almost everything.

pokerstars School have a lot of material on YouTube including Peter Clarke's videos.

Doug Polk (as is Ryan Fee) is part of Upswing they have A LOT of free articles.

Jonathan Little have free videos and webinars not just on YouTube. Also a lot of free charts and text material.

I could write down about hundred sites with free material. NEW material.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hear it for the first time. Thank you, I will also look for this material for training.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very basic and as you write old.

If you can't afford to buy a more comprehensive, newer book you can find all material you need on the net for free.

If you don't want to do something illegal or immoral you can find totally free information on Poker Forums, YouTube and Google.

I always recommend Peter Clarke and Doug Polk for Cash Games and Jonathan Little for Tournaments.

Their totally free and legal Channels on YouTube covers almost everything.

PokerStars School have a lot of material on YouTube including Peter Clarke's videos.

Doug Polk (as is Ryan Fee) is part of Upswing they have A LOT of free articles.

Jonathan Little have free videos and webinars not just on YouTube. Also a lot of free charts and text material.

I could write down about hundred sites with free material. NEW material.
Thanks. Much appreciated. I've been through a lot of these sources already but like how the 6max guide just has everything in one place.. On that note, has anyone tried red chip poker core?

Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a comprehensive/up-to-date new book?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Regarding books.

By Matthew Janda: 1. Applications of No-Limit Hold em and 2. No-Limit Hold 'em For Advanced Players

By Peter Clarke: 1. The Grinder's Manual and 2.100 hands

By Will Tipton: Expert Heads Up No Limit Hold’Em 1 & 2

By Ed Miller: Everything he has written the last 10 years.

By Jonathan Little: Everything he has written for the last 5 years.

If you play NLH Online (6max) and want a practical easy to read guide I think The Grinder's Manual is best.

If you Play Live NLH: Ed Miller's The Course

If you want a a deeper theoretical understanding: Matthew Janda's and Will Tilton's books.

Jonathan Little has a lot of easy books about MTTs - Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker is the best known.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regarding books.

By Matthew Janda: 1. Applications of No-Limit Hold em and 2. No-Limit Hold 'em For Advanced Players

By Peter Clarke: 1. The Grinder's Manual and 2.100 Hands

By Will Tipton: Expert Heads Up No Limit Hold’Em 1 & 2

By Ed Miller: Everything he has written the last 10 years.

By Jonathan Little: Everything he has written for the last 5 years.

If you play NLH Online (6max) and want a practical easy to read guide I think The Grinder's Manual is best.

If you Play Live NLH: Ed Miller's The Course

If you want a a deeper theoretical understanding: Matthew Janda's and Will Tilton's books.

Jonathan Little has a lot of easy books about MTTs - Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker is the best known.

Amazing, thank you! :)