Rookie question. hand rank clarification

T

TOM_FOLDZ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just learning to play, so forgive my ignorance, I was just on ACR in a $10.00 free roll. I had AsQd the other guy had Kd8d. I caught a flush on the river and he made his on the turn I lost my stack to an ACE high flush with an ACE high flush. Should that not counterfeit the hand and split the pot? It definite wasn't a boat or a straight flush.

Sonny87

Sonny87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imossible, he must have made a straight flush or fullhouse. What game were you playing, in holdem its impossible to have two ace high flushes.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm just learning to play, so forgive my ignorance, I was just on ACR in a $10.00 free roll. I had AsQd the other guy had Kd8d. I caught a flush on the river and he made his on the turn I lost my stack to an ACE high flush with an ACE high flush. Should that not counterfeit the hand and split the pot? It definite wasn't a boat or a straight flush.

He had an Ace King high flush and you had an Ace Queen high flush. Flushes are decided by high card values...example AKJ93 beats AKJ92.

Flameofrecca

Flameofrecca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You both have flush of diamonds and since we do not have the exact community cards I created an imaginary one for sample. :)

Community: :ad4: XX (2nd card is any cards) :2d4: :9d4: :6d4:

you: :as4: :qd4:
your final hand is :ad4: :2d4: :9d4: :6d4: :qd4:

Villain: :kd4: :8d4:
villain's final hand is :ad4: :9d4: :6d4: :kd4: :8d4:

Since both of you have Ace as highest cards hence the "ACE high flush with an ACE high flush" comment. But the villain beat your final flush due to his 2nd highest card. Your 2nd best card was only :qd4: while his 2nd best cards is :kd4:.

Hope my presentation is clear to you. :) and you've come to the right place to learn. CC has a lot of gurus (but i'm still a fish so I'm excluded from gurus :laugh:) and a lot of references to broaden your poker knowledge. Good luck in your quest.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands