"roadies" and their odds

L

labdaddy1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We(atleast me) have those funny hand combos we like to play or "roadies" as my friends call them. should we keep playing these in button up for better odds as a BB or is there an odds/ pot odds one should look for to play one earlier?

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We(atleast me) have those funny hand combos we like to play or "roadies" as my friends call them. should we keep playing these in button up for better odds as a BB or is there an odds/ pot odds one should look for to play one earlier?
I;ve been considering adopting some "roadies"... I particularly am interested in 89 and 78, especially when it looks like everyone else is playing ace and king etc...
I haven't got around to implementing it as a strategy, with comfort yet, and would likely use it selectively, but... based on folks using math and shit, and "low variance tactics", it will and does work...
the catch is, when a few guys are using the technique and then any flop is dangerous... but every flop IS DANGEROUS!:ciao:

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Welcome to Cardschat. You kind of lost me at the hand combo thing, before you even got to the roadies :) What is a hand combo? If you mean you and your friends decided that certain garbage hands look funny somehow and deserve to be played preflop for that reason, I would recommend you to keep that practice only for your home friendly games.

L

labdaddy1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm

I;ve been considering adopting some "roadies"... I particularly am interested in 89 and 78, especially when it looks like everyone else is playing ace and king etc...
I haven't got around to implementing it as a strategy, with comfort yet, and would likely use it selectively, but... based on folks using math and shit, and "low variance tactics", it will and does work...
the catch is, when a few guys are using the technique and then any flop is dangerous... but every flop IS DANGEROUS!:ciao:
My "roadies" are K2 spades/suited(first big suck out win when first learning) 10/9 suited and pocket 4's or 3's. I've notice some games they pay off and some they dont.... I think you're onto something about everyone playing AK or top shelf maybe the time to play them more often. tight games maybe do but aggressive/raising games dont? do the odds/payout change with those?

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator