can I risk on a flushdraw with King?

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your bankroll or stack? If you mean your stack, I think it all depends on where you get the draw -- the flop or the turn -- and what your pot odds are. In all cases, you need to watch out for the ace... I always assume someone's got it. :)

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The odds of completing a flush draw are 4/1 after the flop, so how much you want to bet is dependent upon this fact. If the odds are less that 4/1 simply fold

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats why you have to use calculus in poker. You should learn about EV.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many cards of your flhush is in tablet?! What are the tablet cards. What possibles games?! It isnt easy tô answer. I could play all in... Or fold. Depends

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depend how hand has played, when you make a flushdraw (flop or turn), how other players play, what is the table cards, sometimes you make a flush and you will not have the best hand.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) find the difference between bankroll, buy in and stack
2) study a bit on ev, pot odds
3) if early/mid in a tournament there is a formula (basic math), depending on the % you win, the amount you need to pay and the amount you win
Taking ICM, player ranges, position and stack into account are for further study.....

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What percentage of the bankroll can I risk on a flushdraw with King?

Assuming you are drawing from the flop. You will have 9 outs or less (not factoring in the cards other players are holding with your suit) to hit your flush.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'm playing hyper turbo right now. In my view, no math works. If you have a flush draw, this is great! You risk all of your bankroll almost every time. In eight cases out of ten, the flush draw wins.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play cautiously and control the pot size. You can burn a lot of chips chasing too many draws when others are betting strongly.

I have seen so many players shove on the chance of a flush draw that my stomach turns every time they hit. Usually, other players would have to bet to protect their hands from those trying to hit a draw but the tables seemed to have turned - now those drawing want you to fold your made hands!

The injustice of it all :)

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flush draws are tricky: The best case scenario is you have the A, and 2 of the flush cards, while the flop has 2. If this is the case, you have 36% chance to win a flush. This is because there are 9 cards of the flush left potentially to draw, and each card is about 2% of the deck, so 9 X 2% X 2 cards left to draw = 36% chance to get there. If you have the K, not the A, getting the flush doesn't necesarily win the hand. Your 36 % just got reduced by 4% (the odds the A could be in someone elses hand. You have to multiply that 4% subtraction for each person still in the pot with you, so if 2 villains are in the pot, then subtract 8% from 36%).

If you only have 1 of the flush cards, and 3 are in the flop, then it is more likely someone else will have a flush too, because now they only need 1 to begin with rather than 2 assuming one more comes out on the turn or river. Not as good of a place as the first scenario.

In addition to the K getting outdrawn by the A, you need to have community cards that do not support a full house. If you see a pair in the table, you could be getting set by a full house.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is how it is described in one of the sources of information:
For such a case there are two principles:

Passive. His main idea is to get cards on the turn and river as cheap as possible, and then get from his opponent. The disadvantage of this principle is that your additional bet will often be a blow to the air, since three cards of the same suit on the table usually cause fear.
Aggressive. The point of aggression is to show your opponent a ready hand, use his fold equity, and also increase the size of the pot that you take in the case of a flush.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with such options you need to be careful in the game, sometimes the map you need comes up and sometimes not, I agree with the participant bellicoso that everything depends on the situation on the table and how all the other players play against you and how they raise the stakes, but I think that in percentage 60 -70
flash draw comes

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will assume you are talking about your chip stack and not your bankroll, I don't think anyone plays the whole bankroll in a single game.
There are many things you can do with the flush draw, Is someone betting into you? do you have position? who raised before flop? You can risk your whole stack on a draw but calling down is terrible. If you plan on calling a bet your better off betting 1st or raising to try and push them out of the pot.. if they refuse to fold you have outs.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not much of a risk-taker with K, because I always put my opponents in AS

N

NotNegreanu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RISK IT FOR THE BISCUIT

What percentage of my stack

can I risk on a flushdraw with King?

If you've got a flush draw on or before the turn (assuming you have two suited cards not just one one of each suite) then the chances that someone else has a flush draw are pretty slim, can occur sometimes but statistically very unlikely. I as a VEY aggressive player who likes to bet all my gut shots and any draws will always risk at least half my stack to get that coveted flush. Where it gets sticky is when you bet 30% of your stack and then they shove, in that situation it depends how lucky I'm feeling that day hehe :D

Full Flush Poker