Recommend a book

P

PRrey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi comunnity, how are you?

Today I want to ask for poker book recommendations that will help me overcome micro limits. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Nymets5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Grinders Manual is excellent. It is pretty long though.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Welcome to our community.
Jared Tendler "The Mental Game of Poker" is the most useful book I have read.

P

PRrey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks guys for your recommendations

Andrey Krok

Andrey Krok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about classics like "Super System" or Harrington? Just read them, however start to read them, immediately drawn to the table to try out new techniques. As Neo from matrix "I know jujitsu"). But I still have difficulties in the late stages of MTT tournaments, I can not play lazily aggressively as the Brazilians, even with a large stack. I hope books and training will help me break this block.

What I can definitely recommend is Roy Rounder "Poker math made easy" short manual, about 30 pages, this is the first of all.

20181205-040124.jpg

Last edited:
Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pinocchio. A very good book about a profitable investment of money.:rofl:

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every Hand Revealed, it`s great to see the inside of tournament

P

Partush89

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
can anyone reccomend any online courses/lessons for improving your game?

im looking for an online site or youtube channel to learn from?
is there even such thing?

thx

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi comunnity, how are you?

Today I want to ask for poker book recommendations that will help me overcome micro limits. Thanks

Eric Berne
"Games people play"

If you haven't read it before - then you must do it asap, this book will improve your life.

============================================================
Nate Silver
"The signal and the noise. WHy so many predictions fail but some dont"

I currently read this one and find it interesting.

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Try "Little Green Book" by Phil Gordon ... easy read and good guidance.

GL mate, Wally

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Without a doubt, the books are very useful for improving the game. During this year I read two interesting books. I can not say that thanks to these books, I greatly improved my results, but they had a certain positive impact on my game.
1. Andrew Seidman "The Easy Game".
2. Ed Miller "Texas Holdem for beginners".

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im looking for an online site or youtube channel to learn from?
is there even such thing?

thx
Yes, I made a post about this same thing. If anyone can give us any insights on such would be much appreciated. Save those of us a lot of time and money.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess most of you don't get that old books are outdated and can be very harmful for todays games. I think only 2 books could really help to beat micros. Of course "The Grinders Manual" because it's 2-3 years old book and informations about ranges there could be really helpful for begginers. 2nd book is of course mindset book "The Mental Game of Poker" because microstakes can tilt players so much. Anyway reading the books is mostly waste of time if you want to be a successfull player nowadays. Just watch videos, make notes and analyze your game . It will help more than reading the books.

Last edited:
S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess most of you don't get that old books are overdated and can be very harmful for todays games. I think only 2 books could really help to beat micros. Of course "The Grinders Manual" because it's 2-3 years old book and informations about ranges there could be really helpful for begginers. 2nd book is of course mindset book "The Mental Game of Poker" because microstakes can tilt players so much. Anyway reading the books is mostly waste of time if you want to be a successfull player nowadays. Just watch videos, make notes and analyze your game . It will help more than reading the books.
Yes good info. That's why I made a post about what's the best books and video's out today that are good to help learn the game. Save us time and money. Thanks for your info and help.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zen and the Art of Poker (Larry Phillips). It is a highly welcome psychological self-help tool for players who have problems controlling their emotions.