Recognize your mistakes to improve.

blommen

blommen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!
I'm pretty new to poker i have only played it for about two weeks now and I'm really enjoying it!

I really feel like i have been improving these last few days since i started playing and one of the factors is because every time i make a mistake i write it down and try to work on it.
so what i though is that everyone could write one thing that they need to improve on to become a better poker player.

What i have to improve on is that i sometimes fold too easily. Like sometimes when i have J,10S i don't feel confident and i just fold because i don't want to call a small raise (pre flop).

So my question is to you. What do you have to improve on to become a better poker player?

P

Pepijnh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Blommen,

I play poker a few years (not on a regular basis) now, and I recognize your problem. Thinking that you fold to easily... I have especially this problem in online poker. But I think that we don't really have to see this as a problem. Your example of J-T isn't the a very gentle hand to start with before the flop. So I think it clever to fold that hand. If your J and T are suited, then I personally think you can call before the flop.

I would say better safe than sorry!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Practice makes perfect pay your bills before you decide to play only play what you can afford to lose practice in small stakes and freerolls watch poker players on twitch like tonkaa lex veldhuis and Jeff gross read books like harrington on holdem I could type here till I had no skin left on finger list goes on and on good luck

blommen

blommen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice makes perfect pay your bills before you decide to play only play what you can afford to lose practice in small stakes and freerolls watch poker players on twitch like tonkaa lex veldhuis and Jeff gross read books like harrington on holdem I could type here till I had no skin left on finger list goes on and on good luck
Ye right now i'm only playing free rolls on poker stars and its really hard when there are 9000 people in one but right now i get top 100 almost every time. so i'm grinding.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
beat 5-6 limits in a row & no lost the money, how it doing I don't know.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Continued play and practice will get you there. After a hand, reflect on what happened on what you could have done better, even if you won. Sometimes you could have played differently and gotten more value.

Folding too much is not often a problem that new players have. Usually they call too much. I would continue to evaluate your game before you loosen up too much.

blommen

blommen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Continued play and practice will get you there. After a hand, reflect on what happened on what you could have done better, even if you won. Sometimes you could have played differently and gotten more value.

Folding too much is not often a problem that new players have. Usually they call too much. I would continue to evaluate your game before you loosen up too much.

OK thank you so much for your advice i will take it and implement it to my game :)

G

GeorgeCarlin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to improve my play against aggressive opponents, and my play in the final tables, when the blinds is big.