Reading Hold 'Em Books

EagleCarver

EagleCarver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would consider myself a pretty decent player depending on what mindset I'm in but I feel I could always from learning theory. However, most masterclasses are not something I can afford at this moment. I've read one of Negreanu's books More Hold 'Em Wisdom for all players and it's helped quite a lot. Can anyone recommend me something more comprehensive? Willing to consider online tools/sources too.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Harrington's are good. It depends on what level you are.

For myself, I like to just watch a tournament online and try to predict the winner :)

WildFlowerz

WildFlowerz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would consider myself a pretty decent player depending on what mindset I'm in but I feel I could always from learning theory. However, most masterclasses are not something I can afford at this moment. I've read one of Negreanu's books More Hold 'Em Wisdom for all players and it's helped quite a lot. Can anyone recommend me something more comprehensive? Willing to consider online tools/sources too.

Everyone I have spoken to who has read all 3 volumes of Harrington on Hold'em reported the knowledge they have gained has really changed their game.

If you want to learn even more strategy and add more poker styles to your repertoire, David Sklansky's 'The Theory of Poker: A Professional Poker Player Teaches You How To Think Like One' is a good read. So is Doyle Brunson's 'Super System.'

There's also the Phil Gordon's series, Phil Gordon's Little Green Book, Phil Gordon's Little Blue Book, and Phil Gordon's Little Gold Book.

And, Last but not least: Another good read is Daniel Negreanu's 'Power Hold'Em Strategy.'

Hope this helps.
Happy Learning!

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i spent all summer studying poker about 12 hours a day and bought and read over 20 poker books

the classics that are almost must reads... for basic fundamentals and understanding:

David Sklansky - Theory of Poker
Dan Harrington 2 volumes (skip #3 the workbook)
Ed Miller ... The Course
Doyle Brunson - Super System (updated one)

to get into poker math deeper than Sklansky...
Alton Hardin - Essential Poker Math also Alexander Fitzgerald's books

if you like to go through poker hands and the thoughts of a pro about them and resultant action you'll get a zillion in...
Gus Hanson .. Every Hand Revealed and/or Chris Moorman's book

for fun reading about poker stories non-fiction I loved both...
The Professor, the Banker and the Suicide King and
Molly's Game

relevant for my own game beginner/micro stakes...
i found Jonathon Little's books the very best...
the book that had the greatest positive impact on my game...
Excelling At No-Limit Hold’em - highly recommended!!

seven_outs

seven_outs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i spent all summer studying poker about 12 hours a day and bought and read over 20 poker books

the classics that are almost must reads... for basic fundamentals and understanding:

Ed Miller ... The Course

if you like to go through poker hands and the thoughts of a pro about them and resultant action you'll get a zillion in...

Molly's Game

Jonathan Little is the best. I would recommend everything this guy publishes! Also his Social Media is quite interesting (YouTube)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
There are two books that I can recommend.
1. Jared Tendler "The Mental Game of Poker"
2. Ed Miller "Texas Holdem for beginners"
Good luck.

drubas

drubas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harrington's are good. It depends on what level you are.

For myself, I like to just watch a tournament online and try to predict the winner :)

That´s definitely a good idea. For me it also helped a lot to get new ideas regarding strategies. Quite exiting to watch these games.

Greets!

EagleCarver

EagleCarver

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all, it seems like Harrington's books suggestions are commonplace so I will definitely get a copy of those. Jared Tendler's and Ed Miller's are also something that seem tempting to read.

Cheers,
Mark

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, iv'e thought about reading some poker books, but i never did. Havent read any books for years now, i usually just watch poker streams etc. They also good for improvement.

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Ed Miller ... The Course

Molly's Game

I was also interested on starting reading some books but didn't know where to start. Thanks for this answer. I will for sure start reading some of them.
I still just play for fun, but it would be interesting to see if I notice any changes on my game.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you can start with David sklansky book texas holdem. One of my favorite was Phil helmut books play like a pro. There are a lot of good books but my suggestion is not to mix all books together as there are some different plays and can mix your game up

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best poker books are Will Tiptons Expert heads up play volume 1 and 2.