Razz

D

Danb_1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi all. This is my first post

I’ve been playing poker for a little over a year now with a few cashes in small live tournaments. I’m currently only playing nlhe and my main focus is improving my game in that (which I’m finding frustrating). However, I would like to give other games a go. I’ve won an online tournament in plo8 and recently been watching razz on YouTube and am quite interested. I am going to the APAT WCOAP in a few weeks and am looking at alternatives to play if/when I get knocked out of the main event. One game is the razz event on the Saturday. Is it a game that you can have a go at with little experience and if so, how difficult is it? Also, any tips?

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've posted some basic razz strategies in https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/a-basic-razz-strategy-368525/

My advice would be to avoid any game you are not good at, unless you have a bunch of bankroll you can burn through. But if you insist on playing razz without experience then the tips above might help. It's been a long time since I played razz since they don't have it on ACR which is where I primarily play. But razz can be a very fun game, it just has completely different playing styles to get accustomed to.

D

Danb_1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've posted some basic razz strategies in https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/a-basic-razz-strategy-368525/

My advice would be to avoid any game you are not good at, unless you have a bunch of bankroll you can burn through. But if you insist on playing razz without experience then the tips above might help. It's been a long time since I played razz since they don't have it on ACR which is where I primarily play. But razz can be a very fun game, it just has completely different playing styles to get accustomed to.

Played the razz tournament. First time playing. Made final table :D. Really enjoyed the game. Want to play more of it live but not much of it about unfortunately.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played the razz tournament. First time playing. Made final table :D. Really enjoyed the game. Want to play more of it live but not much of it about unfortunately.

Well congrats, that's great to hear.

D

Danb_1985

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well congrats, that's great to hear.
Cheers

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are interested in strategy, the best option is the book "Sklansky on Razz." Better yet nothing says.