frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I know intuitively some ranges by position by stacksize, but I like to learn about the root of poker concepts. I was thinking that we have to regard the cost of orbits, how much hands we can see by each orbit and their relation with odds.
How to calculate what range I have to play by stacksize?

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All this, and much more .....

I know intuitively some ranges by position by stacksize, but I like to learn about the root of poker concepts. I was thinking that we have to regard the cost of orbits, how much hands we can see by each orbit and their relation with odds.
How to calculate what range I have to play by stacksize?

In a nut shell, this is but part of the Range process.
There are other factors that influence range, mainly an opponents play style.

Go into your favorite online search engine, and begin digging around.
there is a wealth of knowledge, and programs ( all free ) that can help you on your way.
:D;):cool:

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In a nut shell, this is but part of the Range process.
There are other factors that influence range, mainly an opponents play style.

Go into your favorite online search engine, and begin digging around.
there is a wealth of knowledge, and programs ( all free ) that can help you on your way.
:D;):cool:
I would like to know independent on other players, I would like to know just the relation between stack size and odds. So I can suit my ranges according to other situatuions.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to know independent on other players, I would like to know just the relation between stack size and odds. So I can suit my ranges according to other situatuions.

Maybe I am misreading this but if you are asking to determine a range someone is willing to play dependent on stack size there is no definitive range. Unless you consider the player types or at least what you perceive a player type to be. For example a TAG or LAG player will have the same stack size but play different ranges as will a nit or a maniac.

That's just my perspective on it at this point, anyway.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Maybe I am misreading this but if you are asking to determine a range someone is willing to play dependent on stack size there is no definitive range. Unless you consider the player types or at least what you perceive a player type to be. For example a TAG or LAG player will have the same stack size but play different ranges as will a nit or a maniac.

That's just my perspective on it at this point, anyway.
I am asking about math for what hands I have to play according to my effective stacksize, not the villain range. There are a lot of charts telling us how we have to play, so I wanna know how I can build my charts by myself.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your looking for hand ranges dependent of stack depth, witch is the worst way to play.
It would make your strategy obvious and easly exploted.
The range you play has to have some consideration for who you are playing aganist.
Now if your looking for a baseline range to deviate from, or to redefine due to personal play style, then pick one of the many charts floating around and start tweeking it to your liking .

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is funny. As I play frequently, sooo many times I see big stack bias. Whoever has the bigger stack is going to win the hand, so I would suggest go in with any two cards. By all means , do not sit out.