Range vs stakes

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you alter your range depending on the level/stake you're playing at?

I'm keen to learn and improve my game and just wondering what people's opinion in whether you should stick to your guns and play your normal game regardless of stake or should you adjust your game to the stake you are playing?

New here so go easy on me if this is a dumb question or something no one is interested in

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question! Usually I would base my range more on how tight/loose/aggressive the table is, or the remaining players who haven't folded, instead of buy-in.

For example, suppose you're UTG and deciding on a raising range first in. At low stakes, your opponents will sometimes be loose and weak opponents. This means your raise will get called more (bad) but you'll be up against weaker players when you do get called (good).

It's a more clear adjustment if, let's say, you're on the button and know the players in the blinds are tight. Then you should definitely open wider regardless of buy-in.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Do you alter your rank based on the level / bet you are playing at?

I am eager to learn and improve my game and just wondering what people's opinion is on whether you should stick up and play your normal game regardless of the bet or if you should adjust your game to the bet you are playing.

New here so be careful if this is a dumb question or something no one is interested in

I agree with the question!!