Range Advantage Bullying : Daniel Negreanu

D

donmozero

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In this video
Daniel Negreanu makes me feel like if I understand range bullying I can play like a pro and win evrytime. How true is this??

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any bluffing strategy that you overuse will be noticed by the other players who will start calling you wider. Also, to use this strategy you have to suppose your opponent has some knowledge about the theory of poker and that he knows you also do. If you try to pull this off against a purely recreational player who doesn't really care about theoretical poker, they're not going to read that much into your range. Finally, there is also the chance that the other player is holding the nuts or a very good hand and will not fold to your overbet.

D

donmozero

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Any bluffing strategy that you overuse will be noticed by the other players who will start calling you wider. Also, to use this strategy you have to suppose your opponent has some knowledge about the theory of poker and that he knows you also do. If you try to pull this off against a purely recreational player who doesn't really care about theoretical poker, they're not going to read that much into your range. Finally, there is also the chance that the other player is holding the nuts or a very good hand and will not fold to your overbet.
I completely agree... Playing recreational players was tough

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is some great info but as others have said it depends on the stakes you play at. The lower the buy-in the less likely the players will know what ICM/GTO and any other knowledge based thing you can think of. If you keep pushing they'll just start pushing back rather then consider why you're doing what you're doing and what not.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
You will find at the lower levels, Villains, will only be playing their pockets. They are going to call you with any part of the board. Therefore what you try to represent has no meaning to them.

D

donmozero

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You will find at the lower levels, Villains, will only be playing their pockets. They are going to call you with any part of the board. Therefore what you try to represent has no meaning to them.
Funny.... Yeah