• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

alexharold

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Should I raise pre-flop to scare those on the last table with me if I have pairs? Even if they are 33?:confused:

T

Thenightrain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question, very much depends upon how many people are left and what position you are in.

If you're down to heads up play you should be really opening your range to play almost anything, within reason, and raising pre-flop.

If you're down to final 8 then consider how your opponents are playing - I.e to win or simply move up the payout places, and alter your strategy accordingly based on your position.

P

Pinokio_385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's time for you to read........Harringtons book...

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, you can always try. On the last table the most important is luck. You can win with 22, only if you are so lucky.

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally for me on the final table always play aggressively, in my opinion the best tactic especially when you see that everyone is holding a stack, even reraising sometimes and not with AA

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This poll doesn't have nearly enough options. In general, though, I am never limping on a final table. One of the rare times I might limp is behind 2-3 other limpers if someone is all-in for less than a big blind. Even then I might just fold or raise. I might check my BB, if it limps to me and I have nothing.

Raising with only AA is suicide by attrition. You'll be blinded away far too quickly.

For me to 3-bet and fold, stacks would need to be pretty deep. I shape my 3-bet range based on the stack sizes and the fact that I might need to call if 4-bet.

I do just move all in when the M is low enough (mine or the active players behind me). If I raise and any reraise is an automatic call, due to stack size and pot odds, I just shove myself. It gives me the best equity.

Otherwise, I stick to raising 2x-2.5x the big blind and playing the hand or stealing the blinds and antes.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a tourney equity/icm type question and we are missing all the needed info- stack sizes, blinds, payouts, time till blind increase, composition of stack sizes, etc.

Aside from the icm aspect, this is a villan specific question ie. can we min raise and get folds? is there an aggro villan behind us, are the villans fit or fold on the flop? etc.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should I raise pre-flop to scare those on the last table with me if I have pairs? Even if they are 33?:confused:
At whom the small stack can quickly rise, and then you will appear in a zone of last places))

BoaSafra

BoaSafra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
final table is the old west, bang bang movie !

raise raise raise, observation is the more effective tool

M

MoorsT10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think reraising is a very effective tool to use on the final table. Let them now you're around. And let the players know you don't give up your Big blind easy

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would naturally open or 3-bet. IF it is small pairs 22-66 i would still open or if there is a raise before me i would set mine and pray i hit the set on the flop.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the late stages of a MTT is necessary to correctly change your style of play depending on stack size. If the stack size is 20 BB and above - to play poker, given the position; when stack size 15-7 BB - play aggressive (not limp, in the game to come with a raise); 7 BB and smaller - stage push/fold (with any pocket pairs to go all-in).
But this is only my opinion!

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say it depends on a couple of thinks:

Whats your position, and if you're middle/late, has there been a raise yet? Your goal with pairs would be to beat someone heads up, because you have a 50+% chance of winning unless he has a better pair. If a few ppl seem ready to call, just fold.

How big is your stack compared to the rest? Are you the shortstack? I'd say go for it. Chances are the blinds are getting bigger and a pair is decent to go allin with.

What are the tendencies of other players? What's the level of play? You can't bluff fish... so that could be risky.

I'm sure there are other factors, but those are the ones I can think of right now.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a raise is only possible rival who is equal to your stack, chip leader should not make a raise with a pair 3 this is stupid.. from any position and the best solution to check or call a raise and see the flop. In General, the final table it is better to play all in or you will quickly lose your stack...