Raise your edge: Apprentice vs Expert. Worth it?

N

NicoVlopez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Morning. I am thinking of investing some of the little earned in poker, to improve and try to achieve the great objective of making this hobby a job. I was thinking of buying the Raise your edge membership for MTT. Could someone who has the product tell me if it is worth it? Should I start with Apprentice and then upgrade to Expert? Anyone who can tell their experience?
Thank you very much!

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I have been contemplating with the same question myself. But shovelling over 700 or over 1200 for a course is a sum that I can't justify to myself.

Sure, there are many known Twitch personas who advertise the course on their profile but one has to ask how much of this is simply paid marketing or something similar? If I had great results with the course but I would have had to pay full price for it I certainly would not advertise it for free.

Also, asking here if someone has found the course to be useful will only give you subjective answers and will hugely depend from their point of view. For a someone the course can certainly make the world of difference. But if you already are in a place where you can comfortably spend top dollar for a course the results might not be as drastic for yourself.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are playing MTTs with up to a 10-20$ buyin, then a 700-1.200$ course is probably not all that nessesary, and you would need to play endless hours with an extra edge to earn that money back again. So in that situation maybe start with free material like Cardchats "become a winning poker player in 30 days", and then add a subscription for ICMizer. If however you are already in mid or high stakes, then its a different situation, and the investment is much more reasonable.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$700 or over $1200:eek:
Would be thinking nice holiday or put it in a savings account with interest guaranteed or something with no card access.
Paying for a poker course would be the last thing I would do with it personally as I am a big believer in DIY and keeping costs to a minimum but if it works for you that is ok it is your money good luck.:)

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A talented player can find free information online that will help him play well. It is another matter to play cash at medium limits, where you must always be confident in your correct actions. My opinion is that you should always play responsibly and not play with a bad card.

N

NicoVlopez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your replies. I was looking for someone who has the course and can give his opinion.