raise pre-flop with high cards...

6a6yJIbkO_o

6a6yJIbkO_o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for example something like big slick, or KQ (suited most likely, but occasionally unsuited). if the flop comes something like 2 7 4, what should i do? keep playing agessive as if i have a middle pocket pair (eg pocket 7s in this example), or fold if somebody bets/raises?

thanks

Elivo

Elivo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will depend on the other people at the table , what position you are in and what the betting is like after the flop I would say. And if its a MTT, SnG or cash game. I think the call depends a lot on the type of game you are in.

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for example something like big slick, or KQ (suited most likely, but occasionally unsuited). if the flop comes something like 2 7 4, what should i do? keep playing agessive as if i have a middle pocket pair (eg pocket 7s in this example), or fold if somebody bets/raises?

thanks

Assuming you are OTB, in the hand with one opponent in the BB & your raised pre, 2-3 times the BB and was called:

No matter your read on the player, of she checks to you always put in the cont bet to see where your at in the hand.

If she was slow playing an OP or hit a set, her reaction will give you more information.

the majority of the time you will take it down there.

If the hand your talking about was played out differently, give more details.

:angel:

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with CAMurray. I am betting in that situation and putting the pressure on my opponent. They most likely missed and are willing to fold.

P

Poker247

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the above. C-bet is pretty standard if you raised pre-flop in late position/OTB. If they call your flop bet, then you can reevaluate on the turn. Try to take notes during your games to give you a better read on who you are playing against (style, range, etc). Gl!

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In that case I would bet to put pressure on my opponent and study the way that he take the bet and see what he would do and the form that he do that and then you can take advantage and win the hand

anonimalit

anonimalit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ak , aq ,aj , 99 + raises pre flop =)

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I agree with Cam. If you check back there, they might just bet the turn and you have no choice but to fold.

J

JeTess

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not 99 but 60+- gonna be great idea to raise