Question on starting hands winning odds

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been reading through your strategy blogs. Very well done and usefull information btw.
There is a table in the blog in question that shows the winning odds for the different hands.

Https://www.cardschat.com/poker-starting-hands-percentage.php

I noticed that the odds are higher for the same hand across the rows than those down the corresponding column, ie XY vs YX hands.
For example 68% for AK on the top row vs 66% for KA on the first column. The same holds true for all the XY/YX type hands.
What would be the explanation for this difference?

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I see where you are talking about. Good question.

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I might just have figured out the reason for the difference.
The top half of the table represents suited hands while the bottom half represents off-suit hands.
Does that make sense?

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. To the right, of the diagonal pairs line (AA through 22) of combos, is for suited combos, to the left is unsuited combos.

As an example, basically these %'s would be based on vs an average hand. Q7 can be considered that average hand and as you can see below (using the https://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-calculator.php#chart) altho it doesnt match exactly its about a 2% difference in this case with the suited AK vs the offsuit AK.

Attachments

• 6901aksuitq7.jpg
    6901aksuitq7.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 6696AKoffq7.jpg
    6696AKoffq7.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 7
Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands