Question: Poker Book Authors - Where Should I Start?

WildFlowerz

WildFlowerz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a small collection of poker books that I had originally bought for my hubby. Now I am wanting to get into the sport. Trouble is, I don't know where to start - Brunson, Harrington, Negreanu or Gordon were names recommended to me.

The books are: Super System (Doyle Brunson); Harrington on Hold'em (Dan Harrington); Daniel Negreanu's Hold'em Wisdom for All Players, More Hold'em Wisdom for All Players, and Power Hold'em Strategy; Phil Gordon's Little Green Book, Little Blue Book & Little Gold Book.

I'm a poker newbie, where should I start?

Attachments

• Poker.jpg
    Poker.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 24
Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest i never read any poker books, because books get outdated fast. But if i had to choose between those books, i'd read them in this order : 1) Doyle Brunson , 2) Dan Harrington , 3) Negreanu , 4) Phil Gordon.

T

Tcanarchy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've read the first Harrington, and Power Hold'em by Negreanu. None of these have helped me as much as the Grinder's Manual by Peter Clarke for cash games.
Though every book should teach you a concept, the Grinder's manual really is a How-to-guide, and very usefull to start.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest i never read any poker books, because books get outdated fast. But if i had to choose between those books, i'd read them in this order : 1) Doyle Brunson , 2) Dan Harrington , 3) Negreanu , 4) Phil Gordon.

+1 to this order, as above books get outdated but these will give you a good base concept of strategy. Once you've read these read some more upto date material.

WildFlowerz

WildFlowerz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Due to a financial downturn, I'm hoping to bring my game up from a 'hobby' to something more. Thank you all for your valuable advice.