D

DaBau_BaBJlo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi lags,
I’m new here, and would like to know:
Is it happening only to me that I’m loosing hand on river card?

Any advices would be great,
Lots of wins to all of you

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you overplaying your hand?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
all you can do to reduce the effect of variance is to avoid playing too much flip and not giving free cards to your opponent.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend to you too. An advice is hard. Try to analyze if there is any possibility of a certain card appearing on the river if it would harm you but if not then there is no reason to fear. Good luck.;)

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Lots of times I try to keep things as cheap as possible until the river card is shown. Not worth risking a rebuy on a coin flip.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hm, I would raise on the flop whenever possible and some more on the turn, but if the opponent does not fold, she probably has the nuts.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question. Are you losing because you have to fold or because your opponent hits a lucky card? Assuming it's because of a card, I suggest learning about outs well. An "out" is a card that somebody can hit to beat you. Roughly speaking, the percent chance an opponent will hit an out with one card to come is:

Number of Outs x 2

So here's an example. You get it in with top pair to your opponent's diamond flush draw at the turn. There are thirteen diamonds and with two on board and two in his hand, that leaves 9 left. So around 18% of the time, he will make his flush on the river.

If often feels like players are hitting draws much more often than these numbers say, but that's because we naturally remember the times we get bad-beated much better than the times we have a strong favorite that holds up. Knowing and remembering the numbers will hopefully help!

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guess that's poker...
It's part of the game that the hands chance often when the river is dealt. If most hands were set after the turn there would probably be no river and an additional round of betting...
Just get used to it!
And analyze your game for leaks... Maybe you are allowing too many people to see the river by not playing aggressive enough and offering them the pot odds they need to justify their calls.
You cannot stop donks from getting lucky on the river, but you can stop a lot of players from going to the river with the correct bet sizes.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are constantly losing on the river then you may reconsider playing stronger hands preflop. Limping into hands and sticking around hoping that the river will increase your chances of winning while giving other players the chance to catch their cards on the river is a good way to lose your chipstack.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
River

As they say " Live by the river -- die by the river" :D

As another stated you really know the "outs" and bet accordingly knowing the river could cause you to loose or might cause you to win a hand.

Going in with a strong pair and betting them most of the time will cause most players from chasing. In other words "bet em if you got em"

Good luck to you!

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
On the river, you win or lose a poker hand. Poker is like that.

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi lags,
I’m new here, and would like to know:
Is it happening only to me that I’m loosing hand on river card?

Any advices would be great,
Lots of wins to all of you

Maybe you don`t pay attention on posible projects...