Question about Micro Stakes

E

ev10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How important are non-showdown wins aka red line in micro stakes?

Is it that important to have a positive NSD value, I'm not sure if I'm not bluffing enough perhaps. Overall I'm a winning player but my red line is negative.

I'm worried as I move up in stakes this will hinder my win rate.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Is it that important to have a positive NSD value, I'm not sure if I'm not bluffing enough perhaps. Overall I'm a winning player but my red line is negative.

Theoretically, you want all your lines to go up - to be profitable in every aspect of the game.

As for no showdown hands, I'd say that you have to c-bet more often, keep in mind that if you are IP, and was the open-raiser pre flop, it should be pretty standard for you to c-bet with majority of your hands. Generally speaking, in order to win without showdown, bets are mandatory, you can't do it by checking, so you should probably bet and re-raise more then you are doing right now.

For online games, it seems that you need all the skills to move up the ladder, so I suggest working on your post flop play before moving up in stakes !

E

ev10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Theoretically, you want all your lines to go up - to be profitable in every aspect of the game.

As for no showdown hands, I'd say that you have to c-bet more often, keep in mind that if you are IP, and was the open-raiser pre flop, it should be pretty standard for you to c-bet with majority of your hands. Generally speaking, in order to win without showdown, bets are mandatory, you can't do it by checking, so you should probably bet and re-raise more then you are doing right now.

For online games, it seems that you need all the skills to move up the ladder, so I suggest working on your post flop play before moving up in stakes !

Thanks for the reply, any resources you would personally recommend this is an aspect I'm not fully comfortable with yet... typically I play stars 2NL zoom (I understand this game type is more difficult). But I find players like to call off more loosely, I find it difficult to bluff these spots as it may take multiple barrels and I'm not fully competent of when to continue barreling and when to slowdown.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

As the previous poster said, working on both your lines will be good int he long run

In the short run though if you're playing in games where people don't fold enough, there is nothing wrong with having a negative red line if you green line is going waaaaay up

I mad ea lot of money playing cash games while having a very 'bad' redline because I just got paid off all the time (and therefore there was no point in bluffing much)

don't overthink it to much, keep doing what's making the monies!

Hope that helps

K

kingofnaps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry about the redline, that will improve over time. Yes people aren't folding enough at micros but you can still have at least a breakeven redline without being very good. They do still fold sometimes.
Your focus should be on learning to think about hands more accurately and the more you do that, the more you will see the results show in the graph.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with boz c-betting a realizing how often other players fold was probably the #1 improvement to my game. At micro you need to be a little careful depending on what game and where it is. But not sure where you are in your poker learning but starting out playing tight and taking advantage of donks when u do have cards can win alot in micros.Real good place to start from in my opinion.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my opinion is that you overestimate the red line — all the more so at micro deliveries, better pay more attention to profit, people at such limits really like to watch your cards — you should not follow the red line — there will only be harm