Quality Poker Books

THEPOPE12

THEPOPE12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone have any newer titles on poker strategy already read most of the go to books looking for anything more recent. Thanks in advance for any ideas,

P

penkov1990

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i read let`s play poker, it`s not new, but i think is good

M

MaartenRR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't read any poker books, but I just ordered 'Super System'. It must be the classic poker book. But is it up to date? Or will it just be an interesting read but with outdated information?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started with 'Internet Texas Hold'em' by Matthew Hilger. Great book for basic strategy.

Later, Baluga Whale's 'Easy Game ' ebook really helped me a lot

G

GeorgeF1234

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy game is relatively new and is generally considered to be the best latest poker book around

medeiros13

medeiros13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an older book but I found Dan Harrington's books excellent.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Harrington as well, really loved it, but I just started Arnold Snyder's books and I must say he offers a pretty compelling critique of "Harringtonbots" He does say he doesn't consider Dan Harrington a Harringtonbot . And to be fair to Harrington, he does say to be unpredictable in your play, so that's not really bot like. But I do think Snyder is worth reading - after reading Snyder I try and make sure I don't play like a Harringtonbot :) He has some good advice on when/how to bluff as well.

medeiros13

medeiros13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Harrington as well, really loved it, but I just started Arnold Snyder's books and I must say he offers a pretty compelling critique of "Harringtonbots" He does say he doesn't consider Dan Harrington a Harringtonbot . And to be fair to Harrington, he does say to be unpredictable in your play, so that's not really bot like. But I do think Snyder is worth reading - after reading Snyder I try and make sure I don't play like a Harringtonbot :) He has some good advice on when/how to bluff as well.

Thank you for that tip! I'm not familiar with that author but you've tempted me to take a look. I'm assuming that "Harringtonbots" are found in SNG's vs. cash games.

THEPOPE12

THEPOPE12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the feedback have read a few of the mentioned books and will look into the ones i have not yet got to

G

Gknumber28

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big fan of DN's Power Hold'em Strategy

D

DjKniteX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I been reading the Super System 2 and Dan Harrington's Poker Books (Only got Vol 1 and 2)

other than that I haven't been able to find any in my local book stores

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm no Ivey, but I've been pretty successful over the years at poker. I try to outline very specific steps on how to beat these games. I've won a lot of money over the last 12 years, and have taught a ton of people, including some celebrities and sports stars how to play and beat any game. I have a free e-book and study thread on here about Polished Poker:

http://www.acepokersolutions.com/free-poker-books/

D

DjKniteX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm no Ivey, but I've been pretty successful over the years at poker. I try to outline very specific steps on how to beat these games. I've won a lot of money over the last 12 years, and have taught a ton of people, including some celebrities and sports stars how to play and beat any game. I have a free e-book and study thread on here about Polished Poker:

http://www.acepokersolutions.com/free-poker-books/

Whoa that's very cool! I'm going to check this out!

P

par

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I have bought all of Harringtons tournament books(my cousins friend gave me a good deal) this is good or bad(getting the books)?

P

PW300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the books I've seen focus on hold em. I spend the majority of my time playing Omaha hi/lo. Does anyone know if there are any books specializing in hi/lo or do I have to just read the books on hold em and adapt the strategies and principles to hi/lo?

C

cadmu

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mike Caro's Most Profitable Holdem advice:the Complete Missing Arsenal. if your looking for game theory, statistics, phsyc, live read ability, anything. thats a GREAT place to start

psyho26

psyho26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The concept of success in online MTTs author Andrey Streltsov