QQ what would you guys do?

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds 1750/3500 before 450
I gave 3-bet to 5,250, the villain increased I believe to 22,000.
I called. Flop: 5AK, he bet 28,350, I folded.
What would you guys do, did I play my hand correctly, or should I have done something different?
Good luck at the tables!

Attachments

• 2020-12-04 (4).jpg
    2020-12-04 (4).jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 70
M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold is fine, most of his 4bets have A or K on his hand, you are beating here only JJ and lower. Sometimes though you have to call it and see whan comes at the turn and what he does, checks or keeps betting.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I probably would have to fold the hand. Any added chips before the flop is an indicator of at least an ace or king.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That would be a fold as their 4 bet contains all the A's and K's as you did not 5 bet, you capped your range. Anymore chips you put in this pot you will mostly likely be losing.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very smooth fold, if he didn't have A he probably had K, the hand is just a bait to lose the stack.
nice play

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We don't love this board, so I think the hand was well played here. We called to see the flop with our premium hand pre-flop and it simply decreased in value post-flop. Nice fold. Some players could easily chase and lose their stack when they were behind the entire way; getting away from QQ just shows you are playing more than your hand. All of the best players fold great hands sometimes and many times they fold the winning hand, but you have to be willing to do this sometimes if you are trying to win!

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure on the exact pre-flop action, but if you had the chance to re-open the betting you generally should with QQ. So for example, if you raised and he 3-bet, I would usually 4-bet and be willing to get it in here unless our opponent is tight.

Definitely a nice fold at that flop as played!

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah, the likelyhood of him having you beat is really strong.

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably I would've done the same thing, there is always a chance he was either bluffing or have any QQ-. But I think you didn't play it wrong.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Blinds 1750/3500 before 450
I gave 3-bet to 5,250, the villain increased I believe to 22,000.
I called. Flop: 5AK, he bet 28,350, I folded.

Preflop, I can understand your call but I would have shoved vs his 4-bet as QQ is a strong enough premium hand vs the BTN range and on a bad flop(like it happened here), I might just have to fold the best hand...

PS. the way the hand was played, your check/ fold on the flop was a good play :)

Good luck all at the tables!

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First step, if you know how the players at the table play, then adapt to that or go directly to ALL IN

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have folded too. Think there's a high probability they have an A or K based on the preflop betting

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure on the exact pre-flop action, but if you had the chance to re-open the betting you generally should with QQ. So for example, if you raised and he 3-bet, I would usually 4-bet and be willing to get it in here unless our opponent is tight.

Yes the action was in I do the raise, and it was 3-bet, I called, he bet and I folded!
thanks for your comment...

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on the ps qq hit in position and ak hit ip against qq, my personal observation, despite the fact that these hands are played very aggressively, this is the same coin as other cards, in long tournaments at a late stage, more inconvenient cards are likely to be dealt, so you need to be careful here.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends how this opponent plays, if he plays tight, chances are he has you beat, if he tends to bluff, then you have a tough choice with the flop in front of you, he could have small pp and just represent an ace. either way, i think i would of folded in that situation.

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Solid fold post-flop. Depending on stack depth and how many BBs he has to your stack, I probably would've shoved over him and gotten called by ace king and lost. It was essentially a toss pre flop, and you did very well to keep the pot controlled.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips

It's a good option to test the strength of your opponent's hand.

What if your opponent bets all-in on your 4x?
What if this is the final table (pay jump and shorter stacks) or bubble?
Which game style did you choose?

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
80 blinds is it ?? QQ ?? I do not trust QQ for a tournament , especially deep , not wanna hear about QQ , I have seen crazy hands even with AA , so with QQ no need to mention any , lol . Many are ready to go all in with KQso , K10so , K9s , even A not safe lol so QQ will be crashed any time
8e4df11b7abb50f78083e83cc9c48cf5.gif
So a bet , a 3bet from villain , a call and a fold seems a very good bet-line from my side , I would have done the same , but if it was KK , I would have been ready to go for a shove/flip preflop ;)

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this situation I would have already fold QQ preflop. You have raised a lot and he raises clearly above it again. Often times QQ is not good enough in this situation. He can easily have KK or AA. Since the flop was an ace and a king, I think he had AK. In this case, your call preflop would have been the right decision. You definitely have to go out after the flop. He must have AK, AA or KK. You are definitely beaten. As I said, I would probably have folded QQ preflop in this situation. As difficult as it may be. In this situation it is often the better decision.

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess the guy had a ladder project, maybe he had paid one more, but doubling down is fine so watch out for those pairs,

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a good option to test the strength of your opponent's hand.

What if your opponent bets all-in on your 4x?
What if this is the final table (pay jump and shorter stacks) or bubble?
Which game style did you choose?

If I remember I was playing tight well at that time. The situation is that after he gave 4-bet, I put in the range of it AA,KK,AK, maybe if it goes allin when I increased the bet I would pay. But as it came to approaching the final table, I didn't want to put my stack to lose. I saw some people commenting on having pushed everything, but depends a lot on the situation, if the guy has few chips, it was normal to go all in, however he would not put the tournament to lose without having a hand that was ahead of mine.

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
80 blinds is it ?? QQ ?? I do not trust QQ for a tournament , especially deep , not wanna hear about QQ , I have seen crazy hands even with AA , so with QQ no need to mention any , lol . Many are ready to go all in with KQso , K10so , K9s , even A not safe lol so QQ will be crashed any time
8e4df11b7abb50f78083e83cc9c48cf5.gif
So a bet , a 3bet from villain , a call and a fold seems a very good bet-line from my side , I would have done the same , but if it was KK , I would have been ready to go for a shove/flip preflop ;)

That's what I mentioned the respect of a question from a friend here from CC, the villain's track from AA,KK,AK is pretty big after doing the 5-bet.
I believe that my hand was indeed losing, and giving only the call, diminishing as my losses.