Hand delivered by CardsChat

UTG: $14.19 (284 bb)
BU: $5.48 (110 bb)
SB: $6.07 (121 bb)
BB (Hero): $5.75 (115 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with Q Q
2 players fold, SB raises to $0.12, Hero 3-bets to $0.40, SB calls $0.28

Flop: ($0.80) T 7 8 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.46, SB raises to $1.02, Hero raises to $3.41, SB raises to $5.67 (all-in), Hero calls $1.94 (all-in)

Turn: ($11.50) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($11.50) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $11.50 (Rake: $0.48)

Showdown:
SB shows T T (a full house, Tens full of Eights)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 18%, Flop: 86%, Turn: 82%, River: 100%)

BB (Hero) shows Q Q (two pair, Queens and Eights)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 82%, Flop: 14%, Turn: 18%, River: 0%)

SB wins $11.02

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Imo, raise pre and check-raise from SB should wake you up. I dont know if you have observed him in previous boards (did he bluff a lot?), but his betting style indicated a flop perfectly hit - which indeed he had. He rather couldnt have AA/KK because he'd go AI after your re-raise, but he did raise from SB and then call your re-raise. From his betting I'd say - set or Ax of spades. Maybe J9. Another thing is, flop though you had overpair, didnt look very good for you - flush and straight draw, and little chances for you to upgrade your hand. If you wanted to go AI anyway with your queens, you should do it pre.

P

pedro78

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Imo, raise pre and check-raise from SB should wake you up. I dont know if you have observed him in previous boards (did he bluff a lot?), but his betting style indicated a flop perfectly hit - which indeed he had. He rather couldnt have AA/KK because he'd go AI after your re-raise, but he did raise from SB and then call your re-raise. From his betting I'd say - set or Ax of spades. Maybe J9. Another thing is, flop though you had overpair, didnt look very good for you - flush and straight draw, and little chances for you to upgrade your hand. If you wanted to go AI anyway with your queens, you should do it pre.

so maybe just call and then fold if turn completes the draws?

I

ios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
yes, I'd call the raise and see what happens on turn and how Villain would react - you do have position on him.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands