PS School

jamie Smith

jamie Smith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
I have just started using the poker stars school, has anyone taken any benefit from it, learnt or won anything from the School structure?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Used to play in the school leagues when building BR via freerolls, I still do the daily scratch cards where you sometimes get tickets, mostly trash but it's free so, meh...

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sincerely learned yes, with the quizzes mainly

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i learnt a lot from the training. Finish the quizes and use the tickets that you win. You'll learn a lot. Don't try get into the money if you a beginner, just focus on practicing what you learnt in the training. The more you play, the more you'll learn.

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me, it was good beginning of learning poker theory, i think it's quite useful thing.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could say that my poker teacher was the poker school stars win awards I formed as a player I do not say I am good but if I consider myself decent I won difficult tournaments and I have formed a bench to my m I really like it with her and greetings:aetsch:

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it really improves your skill, if you started playing poker. For example in MTT, when you see how trainer play and explain moves

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The free study material is pretty nice, also well worth following the Beginners bankroll challenge for free tickets etc. Also daily scratch cards is something I try to do, provided I don't forget :D

Vlad Tapu

Vlad Tapu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I made the training..
And tbh, i scratch the cards daily.. but like.. School Pass tickets... and maybe 0,10$ sng ticket.. but thats pretty all.. Never had the Big Bang ticket, for exemple..

And i guess I ll have like 0 chances to jackpot.

Cheers!

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got the necessary knowledge and skills for playing poker at the PokerStarter school. I received tickets for Sit & Go 0.10 $ and 0.50 $ for performing various tasks. Playing in the League (when entering the TOP-2000) I received a small amount, but now only tournament money. In general, if you are a beginner, you can using this school.

ChipWinged

ChipWinged

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, it's beginner's theory material and beginners' bankroll challenge - you can build bankroll without deposit. You can get ticket 0.50$ for SnG 9- it's really ability for first win. Then you can get big count of School Pass tickets (you can see this tournaments in PS menu). Once I was eliminated on 11st when only 9 win tickets. Sad but true.
The most potentially profitable thing is PS School League. You can earn points for leaders' table with same title freerolls. Prize pool is small but if you are in 15% of entries in tournament you get points. If you are in top 100 in the end of month you get prize from 3$ to 325$ for 1st place (but it's tournament money, not for cash and cashout).

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
I have just started using the Poker Stars school, has anyone taken any benefit from it, learnt or won anything from the School structure?

Hello and welcome to both CardsChat and to The PokerStar School. I also have recently signed up to pokerstars school in middle of August.

Let me give you some tips on how to best utilize your poker school.

First, if you plan on making a first deposit, the pokerstars school offers a great $35 free cash + a few small extras when making a deposit of $20 or more. You will only be able to do one deposit bonus and there are several there that are offered.

There is something called the beginners bankroll challenge, I suggest you take full advantage of this, but when you get to the part where you must make a deposit to continue, email into the school support staff and make sure you get the $35 school deposit bonus instead of the bankroll challenge bonus. (This only matters if you plan to make a first deposit). This challenge will give you several $0.10 SnG tix, $0.50 SnG ticket and a bunch of school passes.

Visit all the promotion pages and look for buttons to push (twitter,etc.) to collect school passes or other bonuses, but only get as many school passes as you plan too use.. they expire in 30 days and you will be able to collect a lot of these passes by doing all the quizzes they have to offer. Visit the Scratch and Match game everyday and get some small prizes here too and a chance to win the big jackpot.

They have lots of great basic strategy articles and hand charts, if you are still trying to learn the basic TAG strategy which will be very helpful to beginners (You will also find these hand charts here at CC). Be sure to check out the videos, they have some great content such as watching coaching sessions at microstakes by TEAM pros. (I see you are fan of Lex Veldhuis, he is great person to watch and take notes from)

Use your school passes wisely, dont waste them.. they are a great way to practice playing in satellites and you can win some okay prizes. Also I suggest playing in the League, you should get a pass to play in the initiaon level. Here you can win T$ if you can finish in the top100 for the month and is another great practice for MTT.

As for myself, in my 6-7 weeks at the pokerstars school, I have won with my school passes around $10 in cashes from Augusts UnFold Turbo Freebuy events, I won the satellite for the $3.30 Tournament ticket, I won the $0.25 Spin n' GO sat 3 times and won about $1 from the spins, and I won the satellite to the Big Bang M.E. which I was able to finish in the top 100 for a $10 cash. These school satellites are very tough to beat, you will have to finish in the top 9 out of 600+ players, but it is very possible and very satisfying to win even tho the prize is lackluster.

I also play in the League initiation level. I finished in 8th place on the leaderboard and won a T$25 prize. Pokerstar School also offered me an extra T$20 to have my story published on the winners wall.

So yes, there is much advantage to the pokerstar school. Not only is the learning content very high quality and free to use, you will find that it is a great opportunity to build up a bankroll.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked the Poker Scholl league .... what a shame it ended ...

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in the poker school there is nothing to learn. The main practice.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I am at the PS School and I find it very interesting. It has a very good forum and many interesting articles about the game of poker and its modalities. I recommend it to you. You will also find several promotions to play for free and start a bank without making deposits. regards

T

ThinkIllcallUwitha5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bluffing minigame is now rigged so you can't win 2 points. The rest of it has been good so far, I'm about 1/3 of the way through. Nice of them to give tickets for completing tasks. Well not "nice", I'm sure it's good business too, but they're the only ones doing it.

jamie Smith

jamie Smith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Used to play in the school leagues when building BR via freerolls, I still do the daily scratch cards where you sometimes get tickets, mostly trash but it's free so, meh...

What daily scratchcards?
What have i missed?

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I have tried it , recently I create Create a PS school account , and I was able to get 5 tickets for different tournaments ( the tournaments are hard to win and the gain is only star coin or ticket ) but it s good .

D

dripa2008

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple of years ago I first registered at PokerStars and was a member of the School League, and even started earning my bankroll, but I hurried to participate in buy-in tournaments and almost lost it, then stopped playing poker. And now I decided to play again. But I could not participate in school league tournaments, they did not give me tickets. It was impossible to register again and it was also impossible to enter under your name. Then I wrote to the support team and they restored my poker school account and gave me tickets to League tournaments. Now I will again try to save up bankroll and learn to play even better.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started to play poker, I installed the ps client inside a virtual machine.
My pc had a lot of confidential stuff and poker rooms (need to) poke around.
When I wanted to joint the ps school, it was blocked, so I asked support.
Support said that the virtual machine is a big red flag and thats way I couln't use the school.
Since half a year I have a second pc, without any confidential stuff., where the ps client is running.
I have not bothered to try the ps school again. It's a free world, ps cannot force me to use their stuff.
FYI: the negative consequences of the virtual machine were not in the terms and condition.

Cimmoo

Cimmoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is not a lot of good strategy, you need to continue with learning from different sources, but the free tickets are nice gift.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PS School is very good for beginners with no bankroll - but only experience and playing against tougher opponents will take you further.