Proper Bankroll Management for Beginners BUT

M

Moosesfull82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hey everyone. Anyone out there can help me out. I’m pretty good at grinding heads up SNG and sometimes can spin up a small deposit like 50 into like 500 or more quickly because I have that go big or go home mindset. Hence live by the sword die by the sword mentality. However I ALWAYS end up broke without cashing out because I cash my loses until busto. So I need or want help with proper BRM from other novice players. How many buy ins should I play at safe stake. I find it boring to play .25 cent games or 1.00 games. No excitement or fun. But also really want to profit from poker and sick of always redepositing etc...thanks

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What level stakes are you playing at when you have a bankroll of 50 and what stakes when you busto a 500 bankroll?

M

Moosesfull82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Many different stakes. I am a high risk stake player which might be my downfall. If I have 50 to start I’ll play few quick 7 dollar hypers heads up if I win those I’ll switch to 15 then to 30. If I go on quick run of wins then I’ll jump into the 60 turbo heads up games. Same if I got 500 I’ll play few 60 dollar heads up games if I lose say two I’ll play one hundred dollar game to chase my loses to break even etc....eventually variance kicks in n few bad beats or titled games and BOOM busto again. Very frustrating

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many different stakes. I am a high risk stake player which might be my downfall. If I have 50 to start I’ll play few quick 7 dollar hypers heads up if I win those I’ll switch to 15 then to 30. If I go on quick run of wins then I’ll jump into the 60 turbo heads up games. Same if I got 500 I’ll play few 60 dollar heads up games if I lose say two I’ll play one hundred dollar game to chase my loses to break even etc....eventually variance kicks in n few bad beats or titled games and BOOM busto again. Very frustrating

You need to be much stricter with your bankroll if you take stake jumps without the bankroll and chase losses inevitably your always going to go broke.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hhhhhhmmmmm....

Seems you already know that you are doing it wrong....

At least stick to the 7$ games and don’t move up after winning a bit... 7$ is still much to high for a 50 bankroll...

I‘m afraid that if you don’t learn to enjoy playing micro stakes you will stay in the rollercoaster

M

Moosesfull82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I know this but many times I grinded my bankroll into like 500 or even 1000 and playing higher stakes heads up SNG is exciting but I understand that it’s not durable long term and always variance and my lack of skill will come into factors as I play the higher stakes against obviously better players then myself. Then boom busto. Plus I’m on very fixed income now so I honestly got to start learning to settle with lower stakes games just have a degenerate mind set of win it quickly and huge not thinking long term success. I know what my leaks are just very frustrating having to play low stakes. Etc....

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know what my leaks are just very frustrating having to play low stakes. Etc....
If you know the leaks in your game, FIX them. In fixing your leaks and doing better with bankroll management perhaps you can continue playing at the higher stakes. Google Jonathan Little bankroll bible for possibly the best guide written on bankroll management in the last few years.

I keep 100 tournament buy-ins and 40 cash buy-in in my bankroll so that I don't have to worry about going broke. With cash games once I lose 3 buy-ins in a day I quit playing. With tournaments if I lose 10 buy-ins in a day I quit playing. The reason I set a limit of loss is because I don't think that I can play well once I've lost a few buy-ins. This method helps me keep my bankroll healthy. When my bankroll is low, I move down in stakes to match what my bankroll can tolerate.

Hope this helps!

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey everyone. Anyone out there can help me out. I’m pretty good at grinding heads up SNG and sometimes can spin up a small deposit like 50 into like 500 or more quickly because I have that go big or go home mindset. Hence live by the sword die by the sword mentality. However I ALWAYS end up broke without cashing out because I cash my loses until busto. So I need or want help with proper BRM from other novice players. How many buy ins should I play at safe stake. I find it boring to play .25 cent games or 1.00 games. No excitement or fun. But also really want to profit from poker and sick of always redepositing etc...thanks

CC shared new vid in facebook, i recommend you to check it out if you wanna properly manage your BR. Vid title is "Everything you ever needed to know about bankroll management."

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management