Preflop All In

S

Schrubbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,
Do you guys call Preflop All In Raises on like first or second Blindlevel, if you have no information about the raiser, with AKs/AKo?

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live game- I paid the entrance to the big tournament and I have no idea about the opponent? Easy fold, I do not want to go home at the start of the tournament :)
pokerstars freeroll or cheap entry- easy and fast call

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ak is not really a hand that I appreciate. most often it depends on my stack but if I do not have information on my opponent and I can avoid playing in the best case probably a flip. I fold while waiting for a better spot.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I dont think you want to be calling that deep with AK. If its a free roll and you believe(you have notes)that the players left to act after you may call with something like AJ then I think you can shove it. If you dont have the notes that they are capable of calling off lite then you are better off with a standard raise.

B

bagoly696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're going to fall out of the race early, then give all your chips. Not even AA hand, but everyone knows. I'm not telling him a new one.

Last edited:
Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently threw off a couple of ladies,so as not to fly immediately. When they showed the flop, I was right.

G

G Minor27

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends in which situation. Sometimes you need to play very tight because you're not holding many chips compared to the other players on the table. When that happens, I think you should wait for cards you're at ease to go all in with. Then you can raise during the preflop with 2 or 3 BB (big blinds) and if someone goes all in, follow them. The odds that they have AA is very low. Especially if you're one of the last to bet on the table (if you're the SB or BB). If no one goes all in, most of them might fold and some of them will call your bet. At the flop, you can reevaluate your odds of winning and then decide if you're at ease to go all in since you know 3 cards.

In other cases where you hold a big stack, you shouldn't take any chance because you might give someone a chance to come back if you follow them. Unless their amount of chips is ridiculously low. You can also scare people into folding in the freflop by betting a few BB and get some easy chips when you're super ahead. But don't get too overconfident like I said earlier.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely go all-in at the start of the pre-flop tournament. All-in pre-flop needs only when we have less than 15 big blends and this is the so-called push and fold phase.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Agree with the above except for some big field freerolls. Very loose games i'll push early with a premium hand.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's a freeroll, the correct move is to fold since I don't believe I need to necessarily play flips to win the tourney but I still call because it's a freeroll lol

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth that with any of those hands could go all in, since they have a lot of force in the preflop instance.
This would do considering what you say. That we do not know anything about the villain who went all in.
Greetings.

D

doxa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,
Do you guys call Preflop All In Raises on like first or second Blindlevel, if you have no information about the raiser, with AKs/AKo?

AKs better call this, set a trap, AKo is worth allin to say (2-4 players), at a table for 6-9, it is better to call the raiser if you put everything you give if you give me a look at the top of 3 cards and decide on it your further steps

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If at this stage there are already more than 3 players, I will not go there, the chances of rockets or cowboys are low. especially if this is only the beginning of the tournament. I will not risk it.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to not compromise my tournament, all in so with big pair pre flop the rest I do not risk

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd call if I have AK, AQ, AA, KK, QQ

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not call an all-in that early unless I have pocket aces, kings or queens.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey,

If you called then you would see that you are ahead most of the time.

And, when you are NOT ahead, meaning they have a pair - you are essentially flipping a coin.

It will just hurt real bad when you call w AK and they have 52o and they hit and you don't!

Good luck !

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on my position I paid all inn with these hands ...

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, too easy to be behind in that situation. Plus, consider the fact that doubling up that early really doesn't do a whole lot for you. I suppose if you're an expert at playing with a bigger stack than the rest of the table and know how to abuse other players properly then it may make a difference, but unless you're an expert at that your double-up isn't really all that valuable compared to the risk of being knocked out against a pair.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no enough confidence in AK and I play it carefully

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is the freeroll with a small amount of starting chips, I can go olyn to increase his stack differently while you wait for good cards already is nothing to play with.