Preflop and AA?

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen! Recently I read a remark from one member of our chat, he writes that having an AA hand it will not be a mistake to call all-in pre-flop. I recently played in a tournament and a step from prizes the villain pre-flop goes all-in, I have AA in late position, I call (my whole stack) and lose, although I could just exit the game about to be in prizes. And how do you play with AA, always call pre-flop all-in, or are there times when it is better to fold cards?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
even with AA. we are never on to win because it is always the flop that dictates its law. for my part even before the bubble. I never throw this preflop hand because it offers 80% luck to win. at the start of the game the most important thing for me with this hand is not to give free cards and to decrease the number of my opponents. I prefer 4 bet and even sometimes 9 bet as if I was playing them in cash game. by cons at the end of the game I all-in preflop. especially when I already went all-in several times before receiving this hand and my opponents have a hard time believing me.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This still drives me crazy that some people still question this. If you have AA, and forced to call off your entire stack pre. You do it almost always. At worst you at like 68% to win thats over 3:1.

The only time you dont is during a satty, where you are only a few away from it ending, and your just letting it ride out to get a ticket. Cause as long as you servive a % of the field everyone gets the same prize. This is the only time folding pre makes since. Folding pre just short of the money in a typical MTT is playing to cash, and is a losing play long term. In a cash game folding pre with AA is a gushing leak that in its self cause you to be a losing player long term. Since in cash we are highly dependent on winning those huge pots for a good profit margin long term.

STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AS WINNING AND LOSING! Your action should never be about the end resualt, it should be about getting it in right when we either have the most equity. Being resualts oriented cost avg. Poker players more money then bad plays in general. Too meny times do I see these players give away chips my folding to early in a hand cause they are scared, or don't apply pressure back when they have the best of it. All because they are scare of what COULD happen, and not focusing on maximizing value when they are ahead.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the strongest pair. However it´s a pair. Therefore we need to remeber that it´s 20% of lost.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On preflop, this is the best hand to improve your stack. Yes, losses are possible, but not entering drawing is a big loss at a distance.

C

Chaskyweed05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the bad luck of having lost several times with AA in hand, depending on the position that I have and as the other players have, the most likely thing is that I will be the one who increases the pot difficult, although always with the uncertainty of the variance, I am around the corner

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA

Morning so I use AA in many ways but the best is a hand that can confuse opponents and setting them on tilt or rather straight confusion to use for future bluffs. When you play AA a certain and only way you are predictable and basically tell the world what you are playing for every other hand.

Here is an amazing example of using AA to you’re fullest advantage, Maria Ho live at the bike. Checked the AA with perfect timing..notice how quiet and confused everyone gets after she checks and tosses AA on the table. Nobody can put her on any hand there after lol it’s awesome. She ended up winning 100K, took all their chips by the end of thus game. One of the coolest and smoothest things I have seen so far:) She gained a huge advantage with that play.

Scroll to
1800- 20:30

But I highly recommend watching the whole game. :)

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This still drives me crazy that some people still question this. If you have AA, and forced to call off your entire stack pre. You do it almost always. At worst you at like 68% to win thats over 3:1.

The only time you dont is during a satty, where you are only a few away from it ending, and your just letting it ride out to get a ticket. Cause as long as you servive a % of the field everyone gets the same prize. This is the only time folding pre makes since. Folding pre just short of the money in a typical MTT is playing to cash, and is a losing play long term. In a cash game folding pre with AA is a gushing leak that in its self cause you to be a losing player long term. Since in cash we are highly dependent on winning those huge pots for a good profit margin long term.

STOP THINKING ABOUT IT AS WINNING AND LOSING! Your action should never be about the end resualt, it should be about getting it in right when we either have the most equity. Being resualts oriented cost avg. Poker players more money then bad plays in general. Too meny times do I see these players give away chips my folding to early in a hand cause they are scared, or don't apply pressure back when they have the best of it. All because they are scare of what COULD happen, and not focusing on maximizing value when they are ahead.
That was very helpful!

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AA I will call, but I cannot say that I will always call.

We know AA is the best starting hand, but if you think about math, the power of that hand will decrease with more players in action.

If you're playing a satellite, with enough chips to win a ticket, it's okay to fold near the bubble. Against 3 players, you will have a 55% victory, why take the risk if you already have the prize?

We can talk about other situations that may make more sense in instant calls, others that you can fold, which means that you need to think about all the circumstances and folding is a valid strategy.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will always call in your situation. Maybe the only case, which I will doubt to go all-in with AA pre-flop is if there are 3-4 or more people who are all in, because mathematically, I will be not at least 80% favourite and the aces will be very vulnerable. With 3-4 people or more, whatever cards the other players have, my percentage of win pre-flop will be around 50-55%. In your situation, I think that this is the decision most of the people will do the same. In that cases when we loose with AA with 80% against another player, we can not do anything, except to deal with the situation. There is no wrong decision in your play. Wrong will be if you fold the aces.:)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can only reset if you are very close to the prizes, several players have entered all-in.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold aces will not actually make any disaster, of course, if you do not do it regularly, it is not difficult to reset the strongest preflop hand, it is difficult to then not think about whether you did the right thing.

But on the other hand, if you don't call with aces, then which hand should you call with?:)