Pre Flop All In’s...

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in pre is usually based on what cards you have and your chip stack. If you're short you should be looking into shoving pre, if you look around there are a lot of charts that can help you get a good idea. If you're a bigger stack and you're chasing a bounty, that can be a whole different ball game but again if you look around you can find charts to help you with those calls. But overall the premium hands and high pairs are the hands you would consider going all in at any time.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just curious if given the situation what you prefer to go all in on preflop? Pair? High Suit? Something else?

High Pair Nothing Less... and Not even then lol Not unless Some one forces an "all in"...

You should always aim to see the flop unless you cant afford for your opponent to see the flop... that normally tends to be the case if you have medium pair...

I hate the beginning of most MTT's when for the first 20mins it seems every hand is an all in...

I wait it out and don't like to be pushed to go all in... But I'm afraid I do if I'm holding :ah4: :ad4: , :kh4: :kd4: , :qh4: :qd4: I cant help my self and call an "All In"... Hardly Ever if its Suited High Connectors even...

shykarno

shykarno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in preflop except when less than 10 big blinds

T

teutonic1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Duson covers the situation pretty well. The 3 main considerations you must consider when in a shove-push/fold situation in MTTs is: 1) your stack size in proportion to the blinds + antes 2) your position on the table 3) how the action has proceeded to you and who acts after. (The third consideration may be moot if your stack size requires you to go allin because of it proportion to the blinds+antes.)

In short stacked situations, you can use push-fold charts as Duson indicates, and there are few that can be downloaded off the net. There are also Apps & programs that allow you to do a few hand analysis of push-shove situation each day for free, such ICMizer + you can buy the programs. So, if you're short stacked there are times you will go in with far less than pairs, suited broadways, etc.

The other thing that springs to mind is that every poker hand is highly situation dependent. Going all-in with AA UTG with no-one calling you because you have a tight image isn't going to get you max value. OTOH, shoving AA in a loose table where people go are prone to calling with any Ax or broadway is going to often get max value for your hand. I suppose there really is no such thing as a favourite pushing hand as you need to consider all the factors in that particular hand in one time and place.

good luck on the felt

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the situation and the number of blinds. but in vacuum it will be QQ, KK, AKs, AA.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course it depends on several factors. the number of blinds you have, your posistion.in any case against a creative player I find normal preflop alli-in with just AK.

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope. Sorry. I've been busted in the face too many times, so I don't shove first. I might call an all-in if I've got them stacked, but the days of just going all-in for the sake of it, pre-flop, are behind me.

Even with pocket aces, calling an all-in pre-flop would probably have to be between just me and one other player, so my position will matter. It's all about stack and position, I think.

Anyway, that's my $0.02. :)

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the players and your position at the table. I usually throw pushed all in preflop with AA, KK, QQ, in special cases with AKs and JJ

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA pair...i dont remember lose a hand with all in this way

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I have the older a couple of plays worse than ACE king.And quite often a pair of aces loses to the younger pair.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your question is too vague. You can write a whole book about this issue.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends the table.
'Obvious' to consider all-in: with monster hand.
Last week, late in the ACR 10$ on demand freeroll I went all-in several times with good, but not super cards, as 1) I was chip lead and 2) the read on other players, so: the pot was attractive and very likely that the others would fold.
Likely not the best play, but good enough for me.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Premium hands and high pairs but depend my stack and other stacks, table position.

N

nh2439840

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my two cents

Just curious if given the situation what you prefer to go all in on preflop? Pair? High Suit? Something else?

Not sure about anyone else buy I prefer not to go all in unless I have 2 high cards suited or a face card pair . I prefer to wait till after the flop .

howiefig

howiefig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]It depends on the hand, position and stack, but in my experience AA, KK, QQ AK, no matter the position, regards[/COLOR]​

Jdjakubisin

Jdjakubisin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Practice, just play more. The answer to your question is more about guessing your opponent's range and one-upping it. These situations aren't all hypothetical or theoretically definitive. Just watch what they do and imagine the opportunities.

Heads up at a live tourney, there was over $300 difference between 1st and 2nd, and I decided to call my opponent's all in with A8 v his A7. Lots of people will tell you not to call or raise all in with such relatively weak kickers, but I sensed the opportunity.

I took home over $900 right there, but would I recommend anyone call with A8? Would I really put everything that I seen in the guy that led me to believe he had a weaker kicker into words to define "the situation?" No.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A,K is my all in hand. You're likely to win all in pre-flop whether you connect or not.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I personally don't want to go all-in preflop simply because I have experience too many instances where its less than a coin flip percentage to win.

If I had to go allin pre flop high ace kicker rank cards or pocket pair and if really need be because of super turbo blinds any suited connectors, king and queen with mid kickers.

L

lokinet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
High Pair Nothing Less... and Not even then lol Not unless Some one forces an "all in"...

You should always aim to see the flop unless you cant afford for your opponent to see the flop... that normally tends to be the case if you have medium pair...

I hate the beginning of most MTT's when for the first 20mins it seems every hand is an all in...

I wait it out and don't like to be pushed to go all in... But I'm afraid I do if I'm holding :ah4: :ad4: , :kh4: :kd4: , :qh4: :qd4: I cant help my self and call an "All In"... Hardly Ever if its Suited High Connectors even...

all in preflop except when less than 10 big blinds

mostly if i am around 10BB and have a decent hand. a low connector to n ace I try to ignore. on other accasions I call all in only with the top highest pairs like Inequitas.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it all depends on the situation.If the game has just started some players drop even a couple of aces.If you are in the prizes it is possible on any strong hand. The strategy of the final table depends on the prize money.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in the turbo mtt I push 77+ AKAQ and poor vs short

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level