Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

Following some good advice from my colleagues and friends of this beloved forum, I am trying to play more aggressively and within this concept, beginning to practice the "art" of bluffing, usually in projects and on the turn, sometimes with nothing.
Obviously my first results with this technique have not been too good, perhaps because I have no experience doing bluffs or because freerolls are not the fertile field to perform them.
Any advice to start improving with bluffing, which I consider much of the spirit of poker?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

80abukaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One good thing is to never transform you value hand into a bluff.

What I mean is:

Consider the range of hands of your opponent.
Would he fold a considerable amount of those which would otherwise beat you?

If not, do not bluff.

Let me know if you find this advice good!

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think bluffing needs practicing because you nedd to identify the situations when you can get away with a bluff and i don't think you can only focus on practicing bluffing and the more you try unsuccessfull bluffs the more callers you will get even with marginal hands which will make it even harder for a good bluff i think you need to project an image of a tight player first even if you are not

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the opponent has a good hand, the best bluff will do nothing

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends.

Thanks for your answers and advice.

I was also thinking that my image of a tight player (more than evident for those who periodically play with me) can help with the issue.

Thanks again for always being there.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

I first practiced my bluff game at low stake tournaments online. The feel of a poker hand and when to bluff is a learned skill that took me years of play. If you do bluff make sure it makes since.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
CC strategy section has some good articles to get started and learn how to bluff better , like the semi bluff , bluffing , triple barrel bluff , fighting semibluffs , etc They will help you become a better bluffer .
I also say , till you /learnknow how to bluff efficiently on the long run , if you decide not to bluff at all (with the exception of blind vs blind fight ) , it won't hurt you I believe .......

podoloboq

podoloboq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Every time I'm bluffing on UTG!

SharkyJohn

SharkyJohn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is a tricky thing, it takes a lot of time to master it, and then you still never know for sure if it will work. My piece of advise would be to play more serious tournaments, implement bluff only with certain players (you have too find the ones that are good to bluff on within the previous hands), use your position (late position is obviously the best) and don't be super consistent with it, do not overdo👍👍👍👍