position vs image on the table

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what matters most when it comes to stealing blinds from your position on the table or your image on the table.

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
abit of both but mostly my image on the table this is what is going to determine whether or not other players get out of line with me or not

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion the most important factors are the villains. If they are the nits then you can steal any2, if they are the fishes you can steal more hands because you want to play more hands with them. If they are regs who 3bet a lot then you tighten up a bit your open range. And of course the position is important. You won't play same range on CO like on BU. Image is not that important. Maybe on live its important thing, but online I think most of the guys play their range and the adaptation vs a single players is very dim. Unless you are the super nit then probably most of the guys play a bit tighter vs you and fold more but those are really special cases.

T

THQ01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Both very important but agree image is what drives people to react more.

R

Rounder646

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's def a combination of the two. I would say image maybe weighs a bit heavier on most opponents as if you have raised many hands lately its obv to most your range is somewhat wide and will cause poeple to play back with a wider range. The key will be learning to manage both and find opportunities to exploit whatever type of opponents you are up against !

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is 2 good components in the game and the control over them should be constantly in the game.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the image is much more important than the position, having a loose or tight image can help you in a tournament where you do not have good cards for a while.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your image at the tables is a major factor in whether your bet gets called or your opponent folds. The ability to create an image and then effectively use it during a poker tournament is an extremely important skill.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Though stealing blinds could be crucial in a poker tournament I don't use it in early stages where I focus on analyzing players and playing solid hands which helps me build my table image and keep a healthy stack but in late stages I play a little bit more aggressive and get into several pots where stealing will be an art and is a big help to build back your stack.
I could may be semi-bluff but never bluff with air .
Both factors are important to succeed in this steal tactic.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Though stealing blinds could be crucial in a poker tournament I don't use it in early stages where I focus on analyzing players and playing solid hands which helps me build my table image and keep a healthy stack but in late stages I play a little bit more aggressive and get into several pots where stealing will be an art and is a big help to build back your stack.
I could may be semi-bluff but never bluff with air .
Both factors are important to succeed in this steal tactic.
good tactics. I also try to stick to it.
the initial stage is the key to success but does not necessarily have to be very active first. It is more important to understand the situation at the table and other players.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position is everything(c)
position, of course, is very important.
this means that the position and your image of the player at the table together play a more important role in your game.
combination of the aggregate together

N

NJW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing position is a fundamental element of poker and essential to any winning strategy.
I would say that exploiting table image and getting reads on opponents just increases the edge of an already solid winning strategy.