position rotations on the table

L

loco_duke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi. i was just reading the course pdf and realized that sometimes a player is stuck at a position for a few hands for example someone plays 4 hands on button. is that legal?
and how positions shift to the next player?
this became a real issue for me
:confused::confused::dontknow::dontknow::icon_scra.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Welcome to the forum duke

I'm not sure to which part of the book you are referring to but I can assure you that in Holdem player's position changes after each hand is finished. For example, if a player is now in the big blind he will be small blind in the next hand, button after that, then the cut-off, and so on...

Even if there would be only two players on the table the position would still change between them and the other player would place the SB and the other BB, and vice versa.

If a player is in the BB, SB, BUTTON or in the CO and the table is full 9 player table, then in relatively speaking the player is in better position when compared to the other players on that table, and in that sense one could say that the player can play 1-4 hands from position.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello mate, it is not possible for that to happen. The button is rotating in a clockwise direction ... maybe you interpreted what you read differently.
Regards

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi. i was just reading the course pdf and realized that sometimes a player is stuck at a position for a few hands for example someone plays 4 hands on button. is that legal?
and how positions shift to the next player?
this became a real issue for me
:confused::confused::dontknow::dontknow::icon_scra.

There is a 'win the button' variant on poker stars where the winner of the hand keeps the button for the next hand but this is the only case I know where this happens.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are also situations in MTTs, where a player is moved to another table to balance the tables, so that it does not end up with some tables having 9 players and then 1 table with only 7 players. In that situation the player can not always be placed in the same seat, he left. But I think, poker sites try to avoid creating a particular unfair situation like giving someone BTN, when he just had it on another table, or letting someone pay the big blind twice in a row.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are also situations in MTTs, where a player is moved to another table to balance the tables, so that it does not end up with some tables having 9 players and then 1 table with only 7 players. In that situation the player can not always be placed in the same seat, he left. But I think, poker sites try to avoid creating a particular unfair situation like giving someone BTN, when he just had it on another table, or letting someone pay the big blind twice in a row.

They try and usually do a good job but I have been big blind and then moved into a table where I was big blind again on the next hand. It only happened once. However, I have been saved from paying the small blind many times.

L

loco_duke

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They try and usually do a good job but I have been big blind and then moved into a table where I was big blind again on the next hand. It only happened once. However, I have been saved from paying the small blind many times.
yeah i've been saved from bb and sb manytimes. when someone finishes the tour :fight: