Position poker

B

bonics

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not super sure what position poker is but I think I've figured it out due to playing well in my last 10 or 12 tournaments...but if someone could explain it I would b greatly appreciative :D

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
not super sure what position poker is but I think I've figured it out due to playing well in my last 10 or 12 tournaments...but if someone could explain it I would b greatly appreciative :D

it's a position game.
the most basic fight is tied in the late positions, cut-of, button.:eek:
good luck at the tables!:)

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

POSITION is the most important part of poker! How and how much you play should in a large part be by your position at the table. CARDSCHAT has a great free 30 day course, Position and how to use it is one of the main classes.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position give u information, then use it to bluff or not.

If your opponent got big pairs, or u always bluff, then position is useless.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think position is one of the most important things in poker.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think position is one of the most important things in poker.

It certainly is. Position at the table determines lots of other aspects in the game - the most obvious being out preflop opening/calling ranges. It also determines whether we should cbet certain flops or not. Out of position we are supposed to be checking somewhere around that 80-90% margin....not much of the field is doing this. Up until about 2 months ago I was cbetting somewhere around 40% or so OOP and thats twice as much as i should be.

Position also determines how much power we have in the hand - in position - or being the last player to act post flop - gives us tons of insight into a hand and allows us to dictate the pace of such. In multiway pots we get to analyze the situation and determine what we would like to do - and in heads up pots we get to apply immense pressure to our opponents when the situation calls for such.

So understanding table positions - proper ranging - and what kinds of textures you should be cbetting - will step up your game immensely!

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The position is very important, it gives you many advantages over everyone, especially in the bubble since most expect to enter prizes, a lot of advantage ahead. :p