polarised range river

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there any sense to use polarised betting range at river at micros? E.g. when we have tptp or something stronger at river,and board is not wet.E.g. we jam for value 3 time,one time for bluff.Is there more +ev with that play or should use standard lines?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think this is opponent dependent and not so much stakes dependent, against a good opponent no matter the stakes you should be balanced. Against an unaware opponent I find no reason to be balanced so getting value in some spots should be your priority!That works for me at least.

Most of the times at micros when an opponent leads river I am pretty sure he has it, they don't bluff as often as you think.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
trying to think about bluffing range on river on microstakes is not a best idea. You don't have to be balanced at all and most of the time you can have 0 combinations of bluffs on river after bet flop and turn. People just don't think about ranges so they don't think about your range and most of the time they look at their cards. They don't think that they have better hands too call on river than their current holded combo so they will call you as wide as possible.