• Thread starter PokerPlayer6963
  • Start date
P

PokerPlayer6963

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, which one of these two is better software to improve my game.
I play 30nl atm and plan to move to 100nl by the end of the year, maybe sooner.
I tried pokersnowie trial version, and I couldnt import hands because pokersnowie doesn't support the site I play on.
Is it still worth it just for the scenario evaluation and AI, or should I look into gto+.

Also I play full time, and plan to study for 2-3 hours a day, so are there any other study tools that might by helpful? Atm I use only equilab.
Thanks.

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just want to follow this post.

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm using GTO+. It doesn't solve preflop.

When I was looking for a solver, GTO+ turned out to be my best option. As a former user of Flopzilla, I was never disappointed by the author of the software. GTO+ is basically where Flopzilla has arrived naturally to.

I encourage you to check Scylla's 3 videos regarding the software.
Best of luck!

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried pokersnowie trial version, and I couldnt import hands because pokersnowie doesn't support the site I play on.
Is it still worth it just for the scenario evaluation and AI, or should I look into gto+.
I have the trial version of Pokersnowie, and I won't be buying it. I can't recommend this as anything other than a recreation. It gives just ESSSSSS-Loads of really bad advice.

• PS berated me for folding (Ad,7d) with four players yet to act plus the blinds. It said I should raise.
Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand
Like that river twisting through a dusty land...
This should be playing in your mind in this case. It's a total RIO hand. The probability you flop a flush is 0.842%, or a little less than once in 100 tries. When that all diamond flop comes, where do you expect action? This is a RIO situation as your opponent can easily back off. If he isn't backing off, it's likely he has a set, and ten outs to beat your flush by the river.

What if you don't flop a flush, just a flush draw? Again RIO: when that third diamond hits, your opponent can slam on the brakes. Furthermore, this is no-limit where your opponent can set your price. It's a better fixed limit hand as you will often have odds to draw and your opponent(s) can do nothing about it. They can price you out, or you can make a -EV call.

An aces over sevens flop is likely to leave you with a top and bottom pair, and that could be mega dangerous if the flop comes something like: (A, Q, 7). If it's a top two, then there are at least two straight cards on board, and it won't stay a top two for very long. What if it's just an ace you flop? Your kicker is a seven, and you lose to the kinds of hands that can call a raise: (AT+)

Other good hands are board lock situations: (A, 7, 7) (A, A, 7) (X, 7, 7) You raised, so they're not likely calling you with sevens, are they?

• Criticized making 3X opens with (A,A). Really? With Pocket Rockets, I always believed it was important to start building a pot. You're not gonna do that with the suggested 1.13X open. If all your opponents fold after you make it 3X to go, it's because they had nothing. 1.13X just invites overcalls with odds to crack your aces.

• Suggested raising pot with (Qs,9s) from the small blind. Suicidal. It's a bad hand and so's your position.

• Doesn't understand the min-raise, small ball button steal. Plays way too tight from the button.

And on and on it goes. I see nonsense like this and I wonder if the programmers aren't deliberately doing this to cause fishy play for their own benefit. I really do.

As for GTO, go ahead and study it, but understand it's defensive in nature.
At the expert level of Poker, the dialectic of trying to outwit your opponent can sometimes extend to so many levels that you must finally abandon psychology altogether and rely on game theory. It is precisely when judgement fails that game theory becomes so useful.

-- David Sklansky
Until you get to that point where you're caught in an endless cycle of "I know he knows I know he knows I know..." you will do better by exploiting your fishier opponents.

Also I play full time, and plan to study for 2-3 hours a day, so are there any other study tools that might by helpful? Atm I use only equilab.
Thanks.
Equilab is good, and so is Flopzilla. The best way to learn is to sit yourself behind a stack of chips and play. When you're doing that, keep your eyes open and pay attention. You should also keep notes, either paper or via a note taking application, on your regulars. If you find yourself in a sticky situation, write down that hand -- win or lose -- and run some scenarios through Equilab to see whether you made a +EV play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am using PokerSnowie and I think, it is usefull for reviewing hands, you played against good players. Its an artificial intelligence program, which learn from playing millions of hands against itself in a trial and error way and thereby reach supposedly game optimal lines. Such a program has just beat some of the best human players in a 6-max game, so clearly computers have gotten pretty far.

Its important to understand the limitations of a program like Snowie though. Since it learn from playing against itself, it will be in sort of uncharted territory, when players take lines, Snowie would not take. The most obvious example is open limping, which Snowie think is "a very strong action". Snowie dont understand recreational players, and therefore you should not blindly follow its suggested lines against them.

As for opening suited aces from early position, yes this is something, Snowie think is correct. You can then snort at this and say, it must be wrong, but why not try doing it for a while and check in your database, if it work. On the other side Snowie dont care much for set-mining, and this is actually supported by date from at least my database. So once again maybe the program is actually on to something, and its up to us, if we want to adjust our ranges or mindlessly continue to play small pairs in every single situation, because "LOL when I flop a set, someone is going to give me their entire stack" ;)

Last edited: