Originally Posted by veronica
1. Do not play poker for fun. Just play poker to make money.
2. Do not play against good players. No matter how you won the last hand or how angry you are. What you have to do is find bad players. There are hundreds of pages of poker, so try to avoid challenges and played with easy players to win.
3. Never ever play with money you can not afford to lose. First, because you play a different way than you'd be playing if you're playing with money that you could afford to lose you. Always think that once put money on the table, is no longer yours. Also keep in mind that your opponents are your customers and who of course want your money.
4. Never ever play poker pissed off. So if you had an argument with your girlfriend, boss or friends and you realize that you're pissed off, as I said before, never play poker. You'll play badly and eventually lose all the money. Sure you can get lucky and get good flops, but the tendency is to lose everything because your brain what it claims is more pissed off.
5. Another thing that almost no one says and almost can not read any of the books available (as the pros who write are partners websites) poker is that when you play poker in a casino have to focus on your game, your opponents and as is the table. But nobody says that when you play poker online not only to focus exactly the same as if you were playing in a real casino, but also know the type of software that the site uses. When I refer to software I not mean if it's nice or if you like the lobby. I mean that software with AA's will earn 90% of the time and others with AA's lose 90% of the time. But still poker website each have their rules and regulations.
1st bold do not play poker for fun ONLY PLAY FOR MONEY
that statement is about as bad of advice as you could find
PLAY poker cause you love it and money will follow. Play poker only to make money and you will at times get crushing soul wrenching losses.
2nd bold if the first statement was bad or very arguable this second bold is way out in left field. I give this the worst advice ive heard in a long time. THE only way you get better at poker is by playing better players. So unless your a champion poker player you better find the better players if you truly want to ever go anywhere with this game. Humbly my two cents. The better the players the more you're own skill will grow and maybe someday you can actually do something worthwhile in the poker arena.
3rd bold is not as bad but pissed off can be a good thing tilting bad pissed off razor sharp? That can totally pay off.