poker training...

W

Wait4ItKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has become more of a career for many than just a hobby. To move on to the next level of any poker career, studying poker in its entirety is definitely a must. What sites do you guys recommend and when did you decide to make the move in being serious about making poker a lifestyle?

B

babrend

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm in the same situation, i like reading more than watching videos but runitonce and upswingpoker have good stuff

there is also a format for more lazy learning which is Apps that let you play and correct your mistakes, i'd try these:

poker fighter
instapoker

let us know what you used and how it was

W

Wait4ItKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm in the same situation, i like reading more than watching videos but runitonce and upswingpoker have good stuff

there is also a format for more lazy learning which is apps that let you play and correct your mistakes, i'd try these:

poker fighter
instapoker

let us know what you used and how it was

I have used a lot of apps. Instapoker was more of a game for me but, it proved useful in my earlier stages of poker studies. Right now I have apps such as Holdem lab, poker helper and TakeEV installed on my phone. I use these only to recap. RIO and Upswing. Can't afford these sites at the moment. Well I can but thats a chunk out of a 4k BR. What about RYE? right now I'm studying cheap. It's not the best but for now it is adequate.

B

babrend

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have used a lot of apps. Instapoker was more of a game for me but, it proved useful in my earlier stages of poker studies. Right now I have apps such as Holdem lab, poker helper and TakeEV installed on my phone. I use these only to recap. RIO and Upswing. Can't afford these sites at the moment. Well I can but thats a chunk out of a 4k BR. What about RYE? right now I'm studying cheap. It's not the best but for now it is adequate.

i don't know about RYE, i should try as well, but i see most of the stuff isn't free there as well

poker fighter is mostly free and if you are looking for cheap ways to learn try mastering it, it's not easy to make a flawless run there and when i did i found it really improved my game

GLGL

W

Wait4ItKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don't know about RYE, i should try as well, but i see most of the stuff isn't free there as well

poker fighter is mostly free and if you are looking for cheap ways to learn try mastering it, it's not easy to make a flawless run there and when i did i found it really improved my game

GLGL

I will definitely look up pokerfighter. RYE is raise your edge. Bencb. I find the content to be more online based. I have not used this site though.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
You are exactly in the place you need. I recommend that you use the resources of our community to improve your game. The Cardschat community is probably the best place to explore poker.

W

Wait4ItKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
You are exactly in the place you need. I recommend that you use the resources of our community to improve your game. The Cardschat community is probably the best place to explore poker.

Only took a few years to eventuate back to this forum site. I mean you see CC everywhere online and I admit I get a little skeptical whether to trust if the info given is reliable or not. I guess that is with anything though but, I am glad I'm here and I will absorb all the information I will find useful on my path of building a poker career.

B

babrend

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only took a few years to eventuate back to this forum site. I mean you see CC everywhere online and I admit I get a little skeptical whether to trust if the info given is reliable or not. I guess that is with anything though but, I am glad I'm here and I will absorb all the information I will find useful on my path of building a poker career.

have you tried any of the things mentioned? any recommendations after trying?

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i can't find any of these on google play, could you possibly post the links here?

J

Jerrico

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I'm starting my poker career and hoping I can become a pro so I guess I'm going to try become a poker star and Aube someday you will see me on tv

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are sites where you can learn how to play poker normally, but it's really better to learn yourself in live tournaments, that is, in poker rooms ... you gain experience there and you can begin to understand the game ... some know math well ..... Poker is already a lifestyle .. for high-end professionals.

B

babrend

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest checking out the thread here:
polished poker vol 1 study group

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/polished-poker-vol-i-study-group-227214//

and these are pretty informative tools and very reasonably priced:
http://www.acepokerdrills.com/

I also use poker-fighter and enjoy it as another tool/method of training

i think it's the exact definition for poker fighter - another kind of method of poker improving
this is why it stood out to me more than the others - the others might be different from each other but they are different in realization of their solution, not in the concept of it

poker fighter just had a different concept where it combines theory teaching (not as deep as the others) with realy time real poker game training and shows you the relevant theory overlayed on real hands you play (and unlike instapoker, it had infinite scenarios coming at you)

to top it all, the price is cheap - i use in during live sessions to fight boredom and to fight not o biding to the right ranges

W

Wait4ItKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have you tried any of the things mentioned? any recommendations after trying?

I have not tried RIO, RYE or upswing. I have friends that use these sites. From what they have told me, all 3 sites have their pros and cons. My take of all their suggestions is, as long as you have learned something new about poker each and everyday, you are on the right track of becoming a pro.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker needs to learn in practice while playing

B

babrend

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not tried RIO, RYE or upswing. I have friends that use these sites. From what they have told me, all 3 sites have their pros and cons. My take of all their suggestions is, as long as you have learned something new about poker each and everyday, you are on the right track of becoming a pro.

and poker fighter? i kinda liked it but didn't do the premium yet
i think i'll try it caz i liked the free levels

W

Wait4ItKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and poker fighter? i kinda liked it but didn't do the premium yet
i think i'll try it caz i liked the free levels

I have downloaded it. I had a quick run down of it but haven't throughly been through it. First impression it seems useful for cash games but I'm more of the tournament player. Though I do dabble in a few cash games I find tournament play suits my style.