Poker Style

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just took a test to tell my poker playing style.

It came back as:

251 to 380 points: TAG-to-be
shark-tag.png
You have the right mindset and you're following a good game strategy. One of your strengths is playing solidly while adapting to your opponents in the right moments. If you decide to play a hand, you will do so aggressively to put your opponents under pressure.​
Of course, there's still room for improvements, though.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Respectfully: Usually when people make posts like this it shows they are more interested in feeling like they are good players than actually attaining good results. Doesn't really matter if that's the case or not, but that's my observation over time.

If you DO care about your results though, I'd focus energy on studying more so than the "edutainment" side of poker.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have played poker a long time. I consider myself a tag player. I let my bankroll tell me if I am a good player.

Over time, this would seem to be a good indicator, of course if you treat poker as an enjoyable hobby, more or less breaking even would seem to equate success also.

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw this interview with Phil Ivey once and one thing that he said just stuck to me. He was asked about his style and he said: "I just take whatever they want to give me."

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have Bruce Lee style ! :D like to kick of all :))))
gl at the tables guys

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
without passing the test. I know that I am a shark and my game is good but it does not help me because I always lose all my banckroll.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I am trying to improve my game every time I play. I always play cautiously, try to be patient and make the right decisions. After the game, I try to analyze my false solutions to avoid them in the future.
Good luck.

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ultra Aggressive NOW!

Well I have decided I am going to go Ultra Aggressive now, if I so much as think a person is on a draw of any kind, I am going all in.

I was betting and raising to pumish them, but they follow me all the way to the rive when I make pot size bets and still hit their flush or straight against me.

NO MORE!!!! NONE OF THAT!!!!

I am going all lin from now on, I will give them to the turn and then again I may not, but everything is going in the pot, in the long run I will be the winner!!!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like where you are going Lloyd,,,, Reminds me of me a couple years back.I found a nice middle ground now,,,, and so will you. :top: Take no prisoners!!

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive seen several of your posts of you trying new strategies and trying to figure out what you can do better. Whether this new strategy works or not with this mindset becoming a great player is inevitable as long as you keep experimenting until it works. Good luck!

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was doing a web search on poker styles and came across it, I should have copied the link, I was not thinking.

It showed several hands and asked how you would play it in different given situations.

I wanted to make sure I wasn't playing loose passive as everything says that's the worst even though it feels good.
where did you do that test.?

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play two different styles lol
Live poker - TAG
online poker - LAG :)

Probably the difference is that I do not have enough experience in online games and I'm testing everything.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
without passing the test. I know that I am a shark and my game is good but it does not help me because I always lose all my banckroll.

Haha
I feel you
I am on the same boat.
My weakness is to play cash game, thats were I lose my bankroll.
In tourneys I make it up.
:)

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was doing a web search on poker styles and came across it, I should have copied the link, I was not thinking.

It showed several hands and asked how you would play it in different given situations.

I wanted to make sure I wasn't playing loose passive as everything says that's the worst even though it feels good.

if you find it again, can you share it please?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it is an advantage to know how to adapt to the game that the opponent has. Good for you, you know how to observe.
I also suppose it is good, to propose a different style of play, in an environment where the type of game seems to be established in a certain way.
For example, try to make larger bets, in a table where passive play predominates, and with smaller betting sizes.
I think there are always aspects of our game, for which we must work more, in order to improve them, and in this way consolidate ourselves more and more as players.
Greetings.

I

Igrok1385385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that all depends on the situation at the table. In one case, you need to play aggressively and it works, but in the other - it is better to play cautiously and this style will win

B

bagoly696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your game that you write is pretty good I like to switch aggressive and cautious or tight because high raises might bring additional raises to great losses especially when the last stage of the game involves competition and high blinds. It happened to me that I raised a lot and gave it with a weak hand and lost it in the end. It's hard to find the ideal gameplay.

Last edited: