My Poker Study Today:Opening Ranges in EP

w0oferr

w0oferr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before I start I want to tell you how I study. Everyday( 3-5 days a week) I choose a poker concept and work on it for 2-3hrs. I think this is effective, because it helps you learn poker step by step and you dont have to take too much info, which you will forget(~70%)after a week or two. Will be interested to know your study methods :ciao:

So today the concepts is: Opening Ranges in EP, (you need PokerStove, Equilab etc)
I play mainly MTTs, so my ranges will be for tournaments only.

MTT - Early phase(<100BBs) 9-max: My UTG opening range is ~10% and it looks like this:88+,AQo+,ATs+,KJs+,JTs+,,KQo,10s9s(somethimes 9s8s too). In the early phase of a tourney you will see a lot of flops for a cheap prize and these suited connectors plays very well and easy. In the 6-max MTT it goes even wider(~15%).
MTT - Middle phase(20-45BBs) 9-max: My UTG range is getting tighter;88+, ATs+, KJs+, AQo+. You wont see to many flops, stacks are shorter and shoves are frequent. You need to be solid in EP, even more in the late phase, where ICM comes in to play.

How do you play in EP?:rolleyes:

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before I start I want to tell you how I study. Everyday( 3-5 days a week) I choose a poker concept and work on it for 2-3hrs. I think this is effective, because it helps you learn poker step by step and you dont have to take too much info, which you will forget(~70%)after a week or two. Will be interested to know your study methods :ciao:

So today the concepts is: Opening Ranges in EP, (you need PokerStove, Equilab etc)
I play mainly MTTs, so my ranges will be for tournaments only.

MTT - Early phase(<100BBs) 9-max: My UTG opening range is ~10% and it looks like this:88+,AQo+,ATs+,KJs+,JTs+,,KQo,10s9s(somethimes 9s8s too). In the early phase of a tourney you will see a lot of flops for a cheap prize and these suited connectors plays very well and easy. In the 6-max MTT it goes even wider(~15%).
MTT - Middle phase(20-45BBs) 9-max: My UTG range is getting tighter;88+, ATs+, KJs+, AQo+. You wont see to many flops, stacks are shorter and shoves are frequent. You need to be solid in EP, even more in the late phase, where ICM comes in to play.

How do you play in EP?:rolleyes:

I like that you're doing this. I think it will help a lot of people that have a difficult time understanding what proper study methods are. Also people that get overwhelmed with studying the game.

For me MTT - Early phase(<100BBs) 9-max: My UTG opening range is 8% Which includes 77+, A10s+, K10s+, AKo,AQo, and QJs

Middle stages (20-45BBs) 9-max: My UTG range draws back as well usually too about 5%

Late stages I open up a bit to around 12%

These of course are all averages and adjust based on table dynamics. For instance Loose Table they shrink down a little and Tight passive table they balloon up some.

I like the fact you take a concept and work on it for 2-3 hours. I do close to the same except it's always something I feel I haven't mastered. and I generally spend 6-8 hours each day. Hope to hear more from you and interested in your concepts each day. Love following threads like this.

I

iSaladir

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its maybe a problem i should work at. In Early Stage i play to less hands.
In EP i open TT+, AJs+, KQs, KQo, AQo+ and A2s-A5s