w0oferr

w0oferr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My poker concept to learn today is THE BLUFF
I follow these tips for a successful bluff:
1. Be in position. Its very hard to pull of a bluff out of position and it will cost your more money to do it.
2. Dont bluff in multiway pots. Just dont do it, its not profitable in the long run.
3. Avoid new/weak players. This is the most important one. Against these players you will win money with your made hands, because they call waaaaaay too loose. Just dont bluff them and wait for a better spot.
4. Use the texture of the board. Think what combinations of hand your opponent may have on this board and how many of them he will fold to the right amount. Adjust your bet size to the story you are telling.
5. Use THE BLOCKERS. This is more advanced one. If you dont know what 'blockers' in poker is, read some articles about it.

How do you guys approach bluff spots ?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My poker concept to learn today is THE BLUFF
I follow these tips for a successful bluff:
1. Be in position. Its very hard to pull of a bluff out of position and it will cost your more money to do it.
2. Dont bluff in multiway pots. Just dont do it, its not profitable in the long run.
3. Avoid new/weak players. This is the most important one. Against these players you will win money with your made hands, because they call waaaaaay too loose. Just dont bluff them and wait for a better spot.
4. Use the texture of the board. Think what combinations of hand your opponent may have on this board and how many of them he will fold to the right amount. Adjust your bet size to the story you are telling.
5. Use THE BLOCKERS. This is more advanced one. If you dont know what 'blockers' in poker is, read some articles about it.

How do you guys approach bluff spots ?

For me, if I feel like my perceived range is ahead of my opponents range I go for a bluff. Sometimes they float, and that sucks makes for tricky decisions on barreling, but for the most part they get through, unless I'm way off on my perceived range which happens sometimes.

w0oferr

w0oferr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you don't get caught bluffing sometimes, you are not bluffing enough.:D I really like your perceived range strategy.Do you generally fire on the turn again if you turn equity(flush/straight draw, gutshots etc.) ? And what do you do on a brick river? I find these spots really hard to play.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well if you don't get caught bluffing sometimes, you are not bluffing enough.:D I really like your perceived range strategy.Do you generally fire on the turn again if you turn equity(flush/straight draw, gutshots etc.) ? And what do you do on a brick river? I find these spots really hard to play.

They are hard to play that's why I try and balance my play in these spots. It depends on how good the equity is on the turn but yes in most cases I fire again on turned equity. Brick on the river in more cases than not comes with a few different bets. On a brick river If I feel like my perceived range is crushing their range then sometimes I'll value bet bluff river. (not often but sometimes) I also over bet river on occasion to a brick because I constantly over bet my value hands this play is great for balance and occasionally I give up. Each situation is different I try and evaluate all the information in play and come up with the best decision to win the pot or give up and save money when I feel they are stubborn and just "want to see my hand"