Poker Study Plan

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I play poker for many years, but within the last month's I'm feeling that I took a wrong approach about poker. I do really enjoy the game but I think the average field online has become so strong that I need to catch up and work harder on my game and study.

Rhe fundamentals of poker I did learn years ago, of course there can be always be a little be of sharpening done, this is what I do right now.

I currently play micro stakes to build up a br, so I play mostly ABC Poker with a little bit ot exploitative style.

I want to use the time and learn more about the game.

So they plan is to learn more about exploiting people, I have some good books about this and later, I want to focus more towards gto.

Right now I feel I could improve my game a lot if I work on betsizingm is there any book or article about it you recommend ?

Also I want to learn more about th mathematics in poker and about to h game theory of poker. Could you recommend me some books or article for this as well? Thanks !

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,

I play poker for many years, but within the last month's I'm feeling that I took a wrong approach about poker. I do really enjoy the game but I think the average field online has become so strong that I need to catch up and work harder on my game and study.

Rhe fundamentals of poker I did learn years ago, of course there can be always be a little be of sharpening done, this is what I do right now.

I currently play micro stakes to build up a br, so I play mostly ABC Poker with a little bit ot exploitative style.

So they plan is to learn more about exploiting people, I have some good books about this and later, I want to focus more towards gto.

Right now I feel I could improve my game a lot if I work on betsizingm is there any book or article about it you recommend ?

Also I want to learn more about th mathematics in poker and about to h game theory of poker. Could you recommend me some books or article for this as well? Thanks !

Thank U 4 Posting.

Check out Alexander Fitzgerald "Assasinato" he has free material on exploitative play. You can find him on youtube -he has a newsletter and has podcasts and a coaching site.

Hope this helps
:):)

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another one you might want to check out is Sky Matsuhashi. He runs the smart poker study which is a weekly podcast devoted to helping you study poker effectively. It's a really great podcast and sky is a great teacher. If you want to focus on certain aspects of your game you can usually find sets of videos dealing with whatever topic your interested as well as learning some strategies to study in the most efficient way possible.

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting.

Check out Alexander Fitzgerald "Assasinato" he has free material on exploitative play. You can find him on youtube -he has a newsletter and has podcasts and a coaching site.

Hope this helps
:):)

Another one you might want to check out is Sky Matsuhashi. He runs the smart poker study which is a weekly podcast devoted to helping you study poker effectively. It's a really great podcast and sky is a great teacher. If you want to focus on certain aspects of your game you can usually find sets of videos dealing with whatever topic your interested as well as learning some strategies to study in the most efficient way possible.

Thank you both for your answer. I will check both out, but in personal for studying I like to read books in English and translate it into my native language.

It's for me the best way to learn fast and catch up a lot.

Thanks for taking your time and giving me this input

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is what they say if you don't study you will be left behind so maybe you want to focus on approaching every game maybe you should consider listening to podcasts. Cardschat offers podcasts, I have learned a lot from it I'm glad I found it.

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is what they say if you don't study you will be left behind so maybe you want to focus on approaching every game maybe you should consider listening to podcasts. Cardschat offers podcasts, I have learned a lot from it I'm glad I found it.

Do you have a link for me? Cheers

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hello,

Thank you for posting. I am a big fan of Jonathan Little. I would recommend his book Mastering Small Stakes No Limit Holdem. It is not designed for beginners, but those that have a reasonable grasp on the fundamentals. He discusses exploitative play against the various types of players you can expect to see at the small and micro stakes. He also covers bet sizing as well.

He also has a lot of free content online. Check out YouTube and PokerCoaching.com.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in poker, the main thing is not science and numbers, the main thing is experience. It is especially important to learn how to distribute your bankroll in parts, and not lose it entirely.

you just need to play, at first it is advisable to play freerolls, and gain experience

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in poker, the main thing is not science and numbers, the main thing is experience. It is especially important to learn how to distribute your bankroll in parts, and not lose it entirely.

you just need to play, at first it is advisable to play freerolls, and gain experience

I would highly disagree with that statement. Poker is an unsolved game of information and it's exactly about numbers and science.

I played a lot of poker in my life but in 2020 you need to study as well if you want to be competitive against all this people who put a lot of time into studying.

Don't get me wrong, experience is also very important, but the game has developed so much that studying has become necessary in my eyes