Poker Study Groups?

G

Gino34

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I've decided to learn Poker about two weeks ago and realized one thing: Learning Poker is tough! :confused: There's so much that you can learn, it's hard to know what you have to learn. In order to a) have more motivation to learn and b) maybe learn better, I decided it would be good to form a sort of "study group" with some more beginners (and of course some better players!) because I'm sure I'm not the only one having problems with all the available material online. So, message me if you're interested or have any more questions and we'll discuss further details.

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is a lot of material to start studying online and players who use various study channels look for your modality

N

Nounounou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Practice makes perfect. I learn better by doing things. That way i can recognize what i learn.

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm on board. I've posted about this before even contacted a couple members to try and start something. I think there are people that learn better/faster in a smaller environment.

So, I've decided to learn Poker about two weeks ago and realized one thing: Learning Poker is tough! :confused: There's so much that you can learn, it's hard to know what you have to learn. In order to a) have more motivation to learn and b) maybe learn better, I decided it would be good to form a sort of "study group" with some more beginners (and of course some better players!) because I'm sure I'm not the only one having problems with all the available material online. So, message me if you're interested or have any more questions and we'll discuss further details.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is constantly changing you need to constantly devote time to study.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch poker stims from pokerstars stars and other poker streamers. Play more and analyze your game in specialized programs.

G

Gino34

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on board. I've posted about this before even contacted a couple members to try and start something. I think there are people that learn better/faster in a smaller environment.

I definitely agree with you on that. That's basically the main reason I asked. Now, a user already messaged me, said he was interested, so with you we'd already be three people. Thing is, while I did have the idea, I'm unsure of how we're gonna do this, as in how many people should we be and how we would start this whole thing. But I'm sure we'll figure something out along the way. If you have any suggestions feel free to say 'em.

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion. We'd need to find a platform to have conversation on. The forum could work but there are other more real time chat options that would make it a lot easier.

Also everyone would need to know and understand why everyone else is there. Are you, there to learn, ask questions, offer insight into situations. Or are you there to teach, answer questions, provide guidance. Some people could be both. You could be very knowledgeable of Omaha but need some help in holdem or a solid cash game player with many tournament leaks. Everyone is going to have strengths and weaknesses.

That's really the only issue I have with the forums. Anyone can randomly reply to your threads here and they could be the best person to give advice on your subject or (most likely) it's someone that stopped to post a one liner to get their post count up. If you are in a smaller group and know who is good at what the conversation can progress beyond the original question and evolve into an actual learning environment.

Another idea would be that once a bones structure is set up you implement a study calendar. Each person in the group takes turns researching a topic and teaching it to the group. Teaching someone else what you are learning is considered the best way of learning and think that would be a great addition to a study group.

Just a few of my ideas, hopefully you get some more interest and we can get something off the ground.

I definitely agree with you on that. That's basically the main reason I asked. Now, a user already messaged me, said he was interested, so with you we'd already be three people. Thing is, while I did have the idea, I'm unsure of how we're gonna do this, as in how many people should we be and how we would start this whole thing. But I'm sure we'll figure something out along the way. If you have any suggestions feel free to say 'em.

K

KyCygni81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Study Group

Hi there,

did the group get going? Is there still room for one?

Marius