Poker Study Groups?

G

Gino34

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So, I've decided to learn Poker about two weeks ago and realized one thing: Learning Poker is tough! :confused: There's so much that you can learn, it's hard to know what you have to learn. In order to a) have more motivation to learn and b) maybe learn better, I decided it would be good to form a sort of "study group" with some more beginners (and of course some better players!) because I'm sure I'm not the only one having problems with all the available material online. So, message me if you're interested or have any more questions and we'll discuss further details.

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like a good idea so count me in as I'm at the beginning of my poker journey too

My advice would be (limited as it is) find the game you're good at (cash/tournaments) find a style of play that suits you and then try to absorb as much info that pertains to that style as possible

I'm learning, learning, learning and reading as much as possible and this forum has been invaluable to me as I feel my game has improved already

Good luck out there

T

TomTsu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Study

I was googling info related to poker study groups and I came upon this post. I decided to create an account because I can see this forum is geared more toward beginners, and I think I could be of help to new players who are trying to formulate a study regimen. I was a self-taught player (no formal coaching), and I struggled for years organizing the vast amount of poker strategy information and resources that are available. I couldn't afford coaching and so I had to slowly figure the game out on my own. If there are any newer players who feel a little overwhelmed about where to start and what they should be looking at I'd be happy to offer some free advice and guidance, you can shoot me a pm. I play primarily mid-stakes nlhe tournaments, and that's where I could be the most help, but I have familiarity with all formats. :icon_sant

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So, I've decided to learn Poker about two weeks ago and realized one thing: Learning Poker is tough! :confused: There's so much that you can learn, it's hard to know what you have to learn. In order to a) have more motivation to learn and b) maybe learn better, I decided it would be good to form a sort of "study group" with some more beginners (and of course some better players!) because I'm sure I'm not the only one having problems with all the available material online. So, message me if you're interested or have any more questions and we'll discuss further details.
Great post!

~moved to Learning Poker.

S

silversun87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! I'm interested as well. Let me know what you have in mind specifically. Thanks!

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Learning poker is a really big job. Good luck learning.:angel:

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How is the study group? Are you studying hard ??