Are my poker stats good? bad? or in-between

P

PGNX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, this is my first post here of many I hope!

I've been playing on Absolute Poker and although the stat's aren't very extensive, and it's just under 5k hands played, I was hoping if one could give me an insight into what I should change to become a more profitable poker player.

Flops Seen: 38%
Win % If Flop Seen: 45%

Your Actions
Fold: 42.8%
Check: 16.40%
Call: 23.9%
Bet: 9.06%
Raise: 6.16%
Re-Raise: 2.01%

Where You Fold
Pre-Flop: 61.02%
Flop: 10.65%
Turn: 3.70%
River: 2.04%
No Fold: 22.58%

Now, I'm fully aware that these stats may be too small of a sample size to draw a conclusion from. Also, I am aware I may be bombarded with remarks on my being a bad player. That's fine, just make it constructive so I can learn from it.

What should I be aiming for? I appreciate your input guys. :)

Thanks

F

fastpacey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i can't say i know much but from what I see you're not bad. Definitely room for improvement.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If AP has the same stats as UB (street by street) then...
you could break it down to preflop called, raised+reraised, and then postflop bet+raise, and calls then we can get some of the basic stats people are used to seeing...also rivers seen, river fold%, total hands and showdown win %.

vpip/pfr/af are the basic stats ppl use in tracking programs.

voluntarily put $ in pot will be calls+raises+reraises (or close enough)
preflop raise + reraises
aggression frequency will be bets + raises divided by calls.

then we can get WTSD%...

Last edited:
Sean Pilgrim

Sean Pilgrim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Your Actions

Where You Fold

Just by these percentages you seem like you are a loose passive player. Typically a Check/Call player. What are your starting hand requirements?

I tend to stick to Group 1 and Group 2 hands 90% of the time. Also seems like you might be the chasing type a weak suited Ace and suited connectors will get you in trouble and be alot less profitable in the long run.

Last edited:
serendipity

serendipity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we will need to know what game you are playing (Limit Hold Em, NL Hold Em?), what type of game (Ring, MTT?), and what type of tables (6-handed, 10-handed?) for us to give any meaningful analysis.

J

jtsdaddy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My Stats

I see 31% of flops and win 50% of the time.

In general I would take this to mean I win more money, since I put less money into the pots and win more of the ones i'm in. I'm a very tight player to start and I play the other players after I get a feel for how they play. for the most part I play really tight and don't take chances until I make it to the money for tournaments then I loosen up a bit.

Works for me although I basically just play for fun and at the lower end tables where the skill is probably not the best anyway.

I probably make it to the money in 60% of the tourneys I play in. I would like to see that stat, maybe I should start keeping track?

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, this is my first post here of many I hope!

I've been playing on Absolute Poker and although the stat's aren't very extensive, and it's just under 5k hands played, I was hoping if one could give me an insight into what I should change to become a more profitable poker player.

Your Actions

Where You Fold

Now, I'm fully aware that these stats may be too small of a sample size to draw a conclusion from. Also, I am aware I may be bombarded with remarks on my being a bad player. That's fine, just make it constructive so I can learn from it.

What should I be aiming for? I appreciate your input guys. :)

Thanks

If these stats are for 9 player sngs and or small mtts I read the following:

• Your Vpip is around 39% which is somewhat loose.
  • Your winrate of 45% when flop seen together with the high VPIP indicates that either you give up too fast against aggression or bring TPWK (Top pair -weak kicker) , mid/bottom pairs hands to showdown too often (imo).
  • Playing LAG (loose/aggressive) / LPA (loose/passive) is perfectly ok but is much harder to master than TAG.
  • As said - connectors, suited hole cards, A-rags, Ax suited, small PPs can hurt your winrate if you play them in every spot especially EP.
Just my opinion - good luck and keep us posted.

I see 31% of flops and win 50% of the time.

In general I would take this to mean I win more money, since I put less money into the pots and win more of the ones i'm in. I'm a very tight player to start and I play the other players after I get a feel for how they play. for the most part I play really tight and don't take chances until I make it to the money for tournaments then I loosen up a bit.

Works for me although I basically just play for fun and at the lower end tables where the skill is probably not the best anyway.

I probably make it to the money in 60% of the tourneys I play in. I would like to see that stat, maybe I should start keeping track?

Seeing 31% of flops does not fit together with being tight afaik.

Win rate vs. flops seen seems ok.

I doubt you're ITM 60% - either you're in GOD-mode or your sample size is small.

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should be alease 25% pre-flop...or just below 30%. it's saying that you do start out with good hands but fold when you don'thit the flop. Re-look at your starting hands 45% win with the flop is still not abad number but it can be better

R

relation3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
same question but different.

what does this appear to be from the spectator POV . Vpip: 40, PFR: 25, WWSF: 42, WTSD% 52, WSD: 48, TAF 2.35, TAFq: 50.

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what does this appear to be from the spectator POV . Vpip: 40, PFR: 25, WWSF: 42, WTSD% 52, WSD: 48, TAF 2.35, TAFq: 50.

Mega bump there lol

Looks pretty LAG to me

R

relation3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what do you mean by the mega bumb part. but yes I was thinking the same on the loose agg

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because you commented on a thread (bumped it up the list) which is over 3 years old :)

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WSD is less than 50% suggesting that either you (are these your stats?) are losing or that your non-SD winnings are positive. If they are yours then post stats by position if you have HEM or PT, then there will be more to say

R

relation3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
mine are a lil different i will post mine in a minute.

R

relation3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
VPIP: 44.39 PFR: 27.11 3BET PF: 23.48 PF Squeez: 16.05 WTSD%: 47.60 WSD: 47.99 WWSF: 43.29 Folt to steal: 62.22 Total AF 2.46 TAFq: 51.71

not cash game stats, STT

edit: also if the same thing appiles from your last post yes I make most of my money stealing blinds and preflop play but when i decide to bet out and make it 4xBB preflopin a semi-bluff and the flop comes I go with it if i can manage my image. Also I make a lot of my chips stealing, but i do bluff probably more than i should, but I take into account strong psychology base bluff decisions. (psychology major)

Last edited:
R

relation3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have the trial version of PT4 not sure it will give me position stats, unless you know the trick

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I'm primarily a cash game player so not an expert at all on STT stats. Maybe your stats arent so LAG then because in STT you are forced to play LAG as the blinds rise compared to cash where you can sit and wait for good hands. Maybe try posting a thread in the tournament section of the forum, or post in the monthly tournament chat thread, I'm sure someone will help. Bigger sample size of tourneys obv makes the stats more meaningful. And as for getting positional stats there is a tab in PT3 along the top, not sure if its the same in PT4. GL :)

R

relation3

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ty for the insight, and tyvm for your time