I've looked at the rules of texas
hold'em on the cardplayer.com website. It has all the rules with exception to some of those odd things you hear at tables like the below. If you NOW the real rule or what the ruling should be comment, but we are not looking for more I think it's this or that. Be 100% sure before commenting.
- If someone says their hole cards outloud? I know your shouldn't do this, but what happens?
- Can you really show either of your cards to a player that is all-in when there is no one else to act to get a reaction? I've heard that if you show either of your cards during a hand before finishing the betting is a dead hand. I don't know the real ruling.
- Can you threat to go all-in to any bet that is about to be made before you? I know that if you do threat to do this and the person goes all-in you are binded to this act, but is this just unethical or is it truely not allowed by the actual rules and is there a ruling other than this?
- You declare a lesser hand than what you really have ouload? This is kinda stupid, but it's a common arguement at home games. I think the cards speak for themselves vs. what players say outload.
- A player goes all-in and doesn't want to be called whilie he holds AA turns his cards face up on the table - is he allowed to do this. I know it would be stupid to do so, but I've always wondered this. It could be something I might actually do if the blinds are huge and I hold AA and the ITM bubble is here and I'd rathe just pick-up the blinds vs. someone drawing out on me and getting lucky vs. me getting unlucky and busting out before ITM. I probably wouldn't actual do this, but just curious.
- In a tournament the river card is dealt and I am 1st to act. I make a pot sized bet and the other player thinks and looks like he is going to fold. I have the nuts and want him to call. Can I offer to lower the bet or even remove it and allow the other player to just check in order to see his cards? I know it's allowed in cash games with only 2 players in the pot, but not sure about tournament with only 2 people in the pot.
OK so again DON'T give us your guess or I think the rule is, I am ONLY looking for 100% positive rulings. It would be nice to credit where you found this ruling i.e. a casino and what casino or book what book, ect.?
I'am also looking for additional posts for rules that are those odd things that come up that are not listed in the cardsplayer.com rules.