Poker help

S

Shonll

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I've been playing online poker now for about 6 months and I need help on learning the basic techniques that I am just not getting I keep getting frustrated when I get bad beats:mad: my husband tells me not to get frustrated and I need to calm down:icon_pale. I need some guidance on helping me be a great poker player, I tell everyone that one-day I wanted to be able to play in a tournament just one time to actually see what is like.. Please anyone help me achieve my goal;)

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry. the questionnaire indicates that you are male.
you have a husband?????

you better hire a trainer or learn everything yourself
and joining this club will help you in developing the knowledge and skills of the game

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone, I've been playing online poker now for about 6 months and I need help on learning the basic techniques that I am just not getting I keep getting frustrated when I get bad beats:mad: my husband tells me not to get frustrated and I need to calm down:icon_pale. I need some guidance on helping me be a great poker player, I tell everyone that one-day I wanted to be able to play in a tournament just one time to actually see what is like.. Please anyone help me achieve my goal;)

It takes a lot of time and practice, is tough, and discipline is the best friend.
First of all only focus on one single format. Make sure you have the recommended bankroll. Then split your time to play and learn every day. Keep track of your hand history and evaluate your results after many hands. Being disciplined to learn everyday is the key.

P

pacificatorul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, it can be frustrating at first. The key is to expand your poker knowledge and to do this you have to make time to read some poker books and watch videos. Also play the smallest stakes until you have greater cinfidence in your skill. Step by step you will get better!

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As a beginner make effort on studies and dont expect too much from your results, so saving your money is your first priority. Time after time you will be better, you will see. Ever think in bad beats as a commom happening, try to be cool, doesn't matter what happen. It is not fault of dealer, it is not fault of villains, it is fault of the god of this game: the deck and you can't do anything against it.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a beginner make effort on studies and dont expect too much from your results, so saving your money is your first priority. Time after time you will be better, you will see. Ever think in bad beats as a commom happening, try to be cool, doesn't matter what happen. It is not fault of dealer, it is not fault of villains, it is fault of the god of this game: the deck and you can't do anything against it.
well said and great advice for all of us[emoji3][emoji106][emoji121]

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what you need is time, study and continue to gain experience, I recommend seeing the analysis of hands on youtube you can choose the one you like and the hands published in the forum to see the different opinions.
About Bad beats, bad news will always exist so you must also work your concentration to avoid being in tilt and losing more money

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many bad beats are self induced. Review the hand when you have a level head and ask questions.

Did I raise too much and pot commit myself? Was my call correct or should I have folded? Do you tend to play for stacks preflop and end up all-in more than is ideal? Ect...

Sometimes it's not a bad beat. It's poker and those draws are supposed to get there sometimes. Did you give them the right odds to draw?

Self evaluate.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm not a very good player but you are learning a valuable lesson without realizing it, you need to absorb those frustrating times and learn to deal with them...vent, go over your play with software like Poker Tracker and see what you could have done better. When you start feeling dead inside whenever bad luck or good luck strikes and you keep playing good consistent poker...then you are one level closer to Nervana.:sleep:

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
All you can do is practice and study. There are tons of free resources on the internet. This is a great place to start. Tons of freerolls to practice. Don't get to down on yourself while playing freerolls, it's a different kind of animal, but it will give you the practice you need. And plenty of bad beats to help you practice not going on tilt.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly what you need - keep calm at bad beat or improve basic techniques? Or both? You need to be more specific to get a good advice.
One certain thing I can suggest to play micro stakes - the microest there is, like 0.10$ tournaments. Then do some reading. There are some very good articles/posts in CardsChat, so do those. Take one step at a time.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Try to play the games you can afford and then study your mistakes every day if possible . Get inproved by reading a lot of articles about poker , in CC or else , then maybe try some free or very cheap programms to help you offline (or online if permitted by the pokeroom ) .

Watch videos of online or live cards-up games , final tables or not . Watch the action of ongoing tournaments , or let them run on the backround and watch them later on the hands replayer if it's available , to see how other players play/bet/3bet , on what spots , how they play some cards/hands etc .

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
The most important thing is to always remain patient. Try to play only with strong cards and be sure to use your position at the table. Gain experience and refine your skills gradually, do not rush. With experience you will gain understanding and success.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank U 4 Posting.

Step 1 Define your game.
online poker includes Tournaments- cash games -Sit and Go's and the variations of each. Freerolls- Satellites etc -cash 6 handed 9 handed 2 handed- free games- Micros- medium stakes -Zoom -Turbo 50/50's

So exactly what do you play?
NL- PLO -PLO8 -STUD?

The reason for this is, you said you have trouble with the basics. Fixing the basics starts with clearly defining the one type of game, you should be playing, as a beginner, only one type and then defining what exactly you do not understand about that game.

So if it is tournaments of the freeroll kind? Suckouts are so common that the basics of that game involve knowing they happen all the time and that you are likely to only succeed in less than 1-20 if they are large field donkaments.

I have lost 20 donkaments in a single day and that is not unusual for me. I lost 10 one day 7 out of the 10 I was 70% favorite or more in my final hand.

Did I get pissed off you bet I did. Does it help your game? No it does not.
But I feel your pain.

What can you do about that frustration?

Work on your game by being very specific so the community can help you.

So let us know what do you play, at what buy-in? How many tables at the same time?

List what you think you need to know about.
Bet sizing or board reading or villain reads etc etc etc.

Post a hand example.
Look at how others post hand examples and try to give the same level of information.

We will try to help you. Help us help you.

By the way if you want to respond to this or the other posters there is a "quote and reply" button at the bottom. If you click on that button then submit a reply in the thread, the poster you are quoting gets an email that let's them know you replied.
They can then come back directly to this thread in a timely manner.

Hope this helps

:):)

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
First calm all of us this happens to start, for that is the forum to help you grow as a poker player The first thing you should do is a hand analysis to be able to differentiate the strength of each hand according to your position since it is not the same have a pair of AA or KA of the same suit in an average position than have it in a final position since in the position before the small blind you can act according to the behavior of the other players and put more price with a 75% rise in the blind to an all in thing that does not happen when you are in the big blind since you only have 41% of winning the hand since they will pay you more than 3 opponents that aria that you lose with relatively weak hands to the ones you have, you I say it with experience before I believed that having those hands was a guaranteed victory but eventually I understood that I was wrong. Now to explain to you in detail would be very long and confusing for you and env is to help you I will confuse you more, but what I tell you in this post is so that you understand me better is that you master and understand the studies and differentiate the strength of the hands in the poker thing that will be easy to understand and find because on this subject you will find a lot of information.
I hope to have helped you a little and if you have more doubts, never hesitate to ask because we are in the forum. :)

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You should focus on getting just a little bit better each day instead of focusing on becoming "great." If you only lose when getting "bad beat" then you have good problems. You won't get better focusing on bad beats, because those hands if you got it in good that means you played the hand right. Instead, focus on hands that you won but played poorly and shouldn't have won.

giraug

giraug

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your problem is getting bad beats and obviously getting fustrated about it, there may be some reason for that.

1. your bets may not be good enough to get people out of the hand and letting them pay to see the whole field.

2. the range of hands you are playing is to wide and you though it seems you are playing strong hands, when they arent strong enough.

Patience and dont let this bad beats get over you... tilt playing is the worst thing to do