Poker confidence problem

B

b1atch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I'm a bit 16 year old player who's been playing for about 8 months now. I play in a few regular games and 9 out of 10 times wind up winning every dollar at the table. But for some reason even when I win I don't feel good about it. I won $200 at a recent Texas holdem game and after the game finished I just felt like I sucked and didn't play well. Is this normal? Any help is really appreciated

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but whats the reason you feel like that? Is it because you didnt won more/enough?

F

Frankie Potts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem . Even if the tournament is not that important.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think this is a problem. I am convinced that a successful player first and foremost needs to enjoy the game and this is very important. If you can not enjoy the game, over time you will lose interest and stop playing.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I'm a bit 16 year old player who's been playing for about 8 months now. I play in a few regular games and 9 out of 10 times wind up winning every dollar at the table. But for some reason even when I win I don't feel good about it. I won $200 at a recent Texas holdem game and after the game finished I just felt like I sucked and didn't play well. Is this normal? Any help is really appreciated

Are you allowed to play?

16 feels way to young to start playing for real money.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips

First of all, I think you are a bit young to play for real money! If you say you win 9 | 10 you are a very good player and there are great chances in the future to see you in international tournaments at live game tables. I congratulate you on your gains so far! However, I do not understand why you do not feel very good after your games, you may want to be too perfectionist in your game and would like to win 10 | 10, don't be too harsh with yourself. I've been playing poker for about 10 years now and I haven't reached your performance to win almost every game. I ask you, how will you feel when you lose a few games in a row and all the bankroll? ... Will you have the power to take it from the beginning? Over time you will realize what kind of player you are, or if you really like poker! Good luck!

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To answer directly...
Is this normal? No.

Better question...
Is this a problem?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If your victories do not make you happy, then you need to find another hobby. It is possible that poker is not what you really need.

B

b1atch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a problem. I am convinced that a successful player first and foremost needs to enjoy the game and this is very important. If you can not enjoy the game, over time you will lose interest and stop playing.
Trust me, I love poker but for some reason after I play I just feel like I only won because I'm lucky or because the other players suck. Idk I just can't give myself any credit for winning

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't doubt your talent homeboy but if you feel like that play harder competition see how you do against them.

The old logic goes you can be the 7th best player in the world at a table of the best 6th in the world...

But maybe its not confidence that's the problem.
If you are winning but feel like you played horrible than the other players must be really bad lol.

But maybe you are just really really good. Don't feel bad for winning.

Just see where you stand on your skill level.
Keep records see how much profit you made from one day to the next.

It'll just help you have a clearer vision

Anyways I hope I helped but if your winning...well variance won't be on your side every time so you must be doing pretty damn good. :D

B

bigpappa325

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is obviously a joke. Tell me where you play at so I can see how "lucky" you claim to be.

I FEEL BAD WINNING. cant believe this many people responded.

Want some reality play on ACR for a bit. Till we meet save those winnings. Later

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It sure is, even if you win it you know that you could have played better regardless of the result

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well you are in the right place here in the forum will help you a lot to get certain question search on yotube also has several videos of poker professionals will help a lot

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
It is possible that you have had a very busy schedule during all this time. Try to take a break, regain your strength and then the interest, enthusiasm and pleasure will reappear.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i advise you to stop playing and only study until you are 18, when in fact you are allowed to participate in real money games.To check how your progress is, choose some fictional game and be content with it boy.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you feel so bad, return the money.