Poker Calculator

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must be missing something here. Calculator tells you to put in the other players cards, thats the point, I do not know what they have. I would like to know what the odds are with my cards and the flop. If I knew the other players cards I do not need the calculator. Please, am I missing something.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure if I understood your question right but yea, calc is made so you can analyze your odds against a specific hand on a specific board. There are tools that can assume a range of hands instead of a single hand, such as pokerstove and equilab but those also require a range to be defined in order to do the calculation.

What you're looking for is, i guess an odds to improve on the flop and turn, and you can do that by learning outs and calculations on how to get the percentages from those outs, commonly known as rules of 2 and four.

If you already knew about the outs and rules of 2 and 4, please dont be offended by my answer, I might have misunderstood your question

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The calculator is only a theory, but it is a very important tool, it is an advantage know how to use it

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
It is very important to know how to calculate our ODDS at a specific time ... this will allow us to know if we are in a good position to place a bet or call a bet that your opponent has made.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you know about 2 and 4 trick ? When you are on the flop, you multiply your outs by 4 to know how are your chances to hit your outs up to the river and multiply by 2 from flop to turn and from turn to river. If you knew the villains cards, you would need to if a call worthes or not. Theorically your call havent to be proportionally bigger than your odds.

I must be missing something here. Calculator tells you to put in the other players cards, thats the point, I do not know what they have. I would like to know what the odds are with my cards and the flop. If I knew the other players cards I do not need the calculator. Please, am I missing something.

Last edited:
manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The calculators need your opponents cards before they give odds. I do not know their cards. I just need to know my percentage of improving after the flop. Is that possible, trying to get better working out odds myself.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The calculators need your opponents cards before they give odds. I do not know their cards. I just need to know my percentage of improving after the flop. Is that possible, trying to get better working out odds myself.
Percentages for improving are rules of 4 and 2 that we mentioned before.

Check this forum strategy pages. Theres a great article about rules 2 and 4

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you know about 2 and 4 trick ? When you are on the flop, you multiply your outs by 4 to know how are your chances to hit your outs up to the river and multiply by 2 from flop to turn and from turn to river. If you knew the villains cards, you would need to if a call worthes or not. Theorically your call havent to be proportionally bigger than your odds.
Yes I know this thanks, just trying to see how the calculator is worth using, so far I do not see where it would help anyone. I guess I am missing something.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
EX: your odds = 33% so your max pot odds have to be 33%, But there are other ways to research for equity, it is just one of them.

Yes I know this thanks, just trying to see how the calculator is worth using, so far I do not see where it would help anyone. I guess I am missing something.

Poker Odds Calculator